cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 hero xmp

robb543
Level 7
Anyone else getting boot loops with their Z790 Hero with the new gskill 7600 ram? I got the F5-7600J3646G16G and it's on the approved ram list with the hero but I'm getting bootloops at xmp and even at 7000 I'm getting ram errors.
24,252 Views
86 REPLIES 86

Hopper64 wrote:
The 6400 kit boots fine in my Z690 board.


lucky dog... you probably got a good copy back then :))


Braegnok wrote:


I cancelled my Z790 Extreme pre-order last week,.. after seeing others having memory issues with over the counter Z790 motherboards.

I'm not going through the same memory overclocking issues with Z790.. like I did with my Z690 Apex. That was insane!

Seems a few folks on another overclocking site were given cherry picked, binned motherboards to test, weeks before launch. Same as Z690 Apex launch,.. these folks all post huge memory overclocks with tight timings, fully stable, while normal folks like me buy a motherboard over the counter, and will be hoping for lottery to get a good board,.. and still will not be able to run memory at frequency of those cherry binned boards the few have that are posting good results.

I do not have the time or money to buy 12 motherboards to bin, and test to run advertised memory speeds, or run XMP stable.


I feel ya completely, been there.

Brucey cancelled also - and he was like 2 feet in the air on the launch day, lots of guys on discord and other overclocking forums did as well, probably I should be wise to do the same... I was using ROG bios since Z87, it's too hard to let it go but... Such is life I think.

kvarq wrote:
lucky dog... you probably got a good copy back then :))




I feel ya completely, been there.

Brucey cancelled also - and he was like 2 feet in the air on the launch day, lots of guys on discord and other overclocking forums did as well, probably I should be wise to do the same... I was using ROG bios since Z87, it's too hard to let it go but... Such is life I think.



Actually, no. Unlucky. While it posted on Z690, I never got it stable with 6400 or 6000 for that matter. Adjusted and tweaked voltages all over the place. It posted but that’s it. Never could get a stable OC. With Z790, can’t get into the bios at default with the 6400 which do not understand at all. Did all the routine checks to troubleshoot as well.Â*
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Braegnok wrote:
I cancelled my Z790 Extreme pre-order last week,.. after seeing others having memory issues with over the counter Z790 motherboards.

I'm not going through the same memory overclocking issues with Z790,.. like I did with my Z690 Apex. That was insane!

Seems a few folks on another overclocking site were given cherry picked, binned motherboards to test, weeks before launch. Same as Z690 Apex launch,.. these folks all post huge memory overclocks with tight timings, fully stable, while normal folks like me buy a motherboard over the counter, and will be hoping for lottery to get a good board,.. and still will not be able to run memory at frequency of those cherry binned boards the few have that are posting good results.

I do not have the time or money to buy 12 motherboards to bin, and test to run advertised memory speeds, or run XMP stable.

I will be running AMD, and enjoying my system, no more bs,.. 6000 CL30 EXPO is fine.

96036

96037

96038

System has been up-running for two weeks, with no issues. Plug & play EXPO DDR5 6000 CL30 memory and done,.. now just enjoy running work, or playing games.

96039


The Pre-Tested FREE Z790 Apex board response is "did you get this motherboard for FREE?" is no response.

This situation absolutely HORRIFYING.
Z790 Epiphenomenal Raptor Bench

ROG Z790 Apex / Intel 13900KS SP111 P121 E93 MC83
Gskill 8000 kit - TM5 stable at 8200MT/s 38 48 48 121 VDD and VDDQ 1.5v
WD_Black SN850X 1TB 7300MB/s Reads 6300MB/s Writes
LG 32in 4K IPS 32UP83A-W

Hopper64
Level 15
Spoke with the guys in the store where I purchased my extreme board. They recommended to wait until an updated bios is available. Point was if it booted with a GSKill 6000 kit there may be some incompatibility that needs to be addressed in a bios update. They have been in contact with Asus over this. I'm skeptical. ???
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

I tested with three Z790 Extreme boards, only one is stable @7.600MT with BIOS 0703, the other two are broken

I would assume that if other boards don't work with this BIOS version then they won't with further updates, that was what they promised last year too and it was never resolved...

I will keep the working Z790 Extreme but my future boards won't be ASUS boards

roger251 wrote:
I tested with three Z790 Extreme boards, only one is stable @7.600MT with BIOS 0703, the other two are broken

I would assume that if other boards don't work with this BIOS version then they won't with further updates, that was what they promised last year too and it was never resolved...

I will keep the working Z790 Extreme but my future boards won't be ASUS boards


Don’t blame you. I am willing to give this some time, but I still think the machine should post with default timings on any memory kit. Bios version should not be the issue with no OC. It certainly does not sound right to me.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

kvarq
Level 11
Given the last years bad experiences with Asus I think you're entitled to.
And that Extreme board costs a lot. Like... A LOT!

But just curious, they advertise now ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP), that 2x16 6400 memory kit is not working with that option either?

That 6400 kit is already on the Z790 QVL list so should have been fine from day one (I have this kit also 😛 and virtually could not run on any Z690 Asus board so far, even with high quality KS processors).
If 6400 CL32 is still hard as a simple XMP on Asus boards, what to say about those users who try to run XMP only the 7600+ kits? =))

kvarq
Level 11
Now we have to bin the boards for a daily use???

And that Extreme board costs a lot. Like... A LOT!

But just curious, they advertise now ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP), that 2x16 6400 memory kit is not working with that option either?

That 6400 kit is already on the Z790 QVL list so should have been fine from day one (I have this kit also 😛 and virtually could not run on any Z690 Asus board so far, even with high quality KS processors).
If 6400 CL32 is still hard as a simple XMP on Asus boards, what to say about those users who try to run XMP only the 7600+ kits? =))

Yeah just talked with the guys on discord, given the first signs from the boards bought so far it seems that Asus did not learn a damn thing, also saw on forums that many Asus Z790 users complain that the Z690 s/show is happening again, it's insane to stabilize anything on these boards. Again.

kvarq wrote:
Now we have to bin the boards for a daily use???

And that Extreme board costs a lot. Like... A LOT!

But just curious, they advertise now ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP), that 2x16 6400 memory kit is not working with that option either?

That 6400 kit is already on the Z790 QVL list so should have been fine from day one (I have this kit also 😛 and virtually could not run on any Z690 Asus board so far, even with high quality KS processors).
If 6400 CL32 is still hard as a simple XMP on Asus boards, what to say about those users who try to run XMP only the 7600+ kits? =))

Yeah just talked with the guys on discord, given the first signs from the boards bought so far it seems that Asus did not learn a damn thing, also saw on forums that many Asus Z790 users complain that the Z690 s/show is happening again, it's insane to stabilize anything on these boards. Again.


Never mind the OC of 6400 in my case. It will not post at default with no OC at all. Can not get into the bios to OC anything. Code 55. Why the other GSkill kit 6000 works without issue I do not know. I can even run the 6000 kit at XMP1 no problems. The 6400 kit boots fine in my Z690 board. It is obviously not the memory kit itself. ??? Â*
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

kvarq
Level 11
if that window for return passes and the stuff is not solved I think that's a no brainer :))