cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Hero + 13900K - Mobo Red Led On while stress testing (high temps)

Dread13
Level 9
Hello guys,

Got a question I cannot find an answer for. I have a 13900K paired with a Z790 ROG Hero. While running stress tests (specifically, CPU stress test from OCCT), the red led from the mobo, just below the small number indicator on the top right corner, lights up. It gets immediately removed when I stop the tests. Is this light normal to be up when the temps rise so much? We are talking around 98ºC on the CPU Package, and effectively thermal throttling.

My BIOS version is the last one published on ASUS site, the 0703.

Thanks in advance for any insight on this 🙂
33 REPLIES 33

GuzMonster
Level 7
The TG frame did the job! CPU no longer throttles due to max core temperature. Thanks guys.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster wrote:
The TG frame did the job! CPU no longer throttles due to max core temperature. Thanks guys.

That's good to hear. After some further use, I discovered I can still make it throttle. Just need to have multicore enhancement on anything but disabled.

Though the heat coming off the case and time it takes tells me there definitely was a bad mount, so it's still progress. Now we just need ASUS to put out some properly tuned bios...

Anyway, good luck.

GuzMonster
Level 7
After I installed the frame I went ahead and applied the undervolting procedure ended up with mce: enforce all limits; *LLC#4; DC_LL=1.02; AC_LL=0.3. Noticed the cpu reached the 253w power limit, when as before the frame install it almost never reached 200w.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

USERMAC
Level 9
The contact frame does not fit on the Z790 Hero because the socket hight is higher than the Asus Z690 sockets. I noticed this coming from Z690 Hero to a Z790 Hero. The screws are longer compared to the previous gen. It has caused me issues mounting my CPU block because of the hight difference anyway because of the hight of the CPU socket you won't be able to get the frame to sit flush against the motherboard the frame is 100% useless on the z790 Asus boards.