cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790-E Unknown Manufacturer SerialPort Driver?

imdarkray
Level 7

I have an Other Devices -> SerialPort driver. The manufacturer shows Unknown.

I have already tried reinstalling drivers from ARMOURY CRATE and the support page. This doesn't go away. Does anyone else face this issue or know how to resolve this? I was not even able to find the driver anywhere on the Internet.

unknownDevice.png

unknownDevice2.png

15 REPLIES 15

imdarkray
Level 7

I end up resolving this myself by installing Microsoft standard serial over Bluetooth link driver. Seems like it was not installing itself, had to install manually.

BluetoothGeneric.png

You don't have any idea what device is using the Serial port you have installed?  

Do you show the device below in the Device Manager?

ITE.jpg

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

that comes from windows update with the same name.

Learn, Play Enjoy!

imdarkray
Level 7

@SaltgrassI didnt get you.

The driver got installed on COM8.

I also have this ITE USB Connector Client Device.

comPort.png

OK, see if this gives you any more info.  Use the Settings - Bluetooth & Devices - Devices and go to the bottom of the page for More Bluetooth settings.  If you open that you will see the dialog below.  Note the "Comm Ports tab.

Do you have a Bluetooth file transfer network established?  I don't use that so no experience what it might do.

Saltgrass_0-1684175990455.png

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

MrAgapiGC
Level 13

All intel board use 3 main drivers. Chipset Mei and IO. You can use the boss drivers. Also make sure you use the last bios and last firmware driver. All is a combo. including windows 11 update. 

Learn, Play Enjoy!