cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790-E Gaming Wifi II crashes in games when XMP Tweak is enabled

VValtieL
Level 7

Hello, I switched from another brand's B series motherboard to the Asus Rog Strix Z790-E Gaming Wifi II motherboard. I installed a new Windows and installed all the drivers, but when I turn on the XMP Tweak setting in the BIOS, I experience crash problems in games. I didn't have such a problem with my previous motherboard. What could be the problem?

RAM: G Skill 32GB (2x16) Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5 RAM
GPU: Asus ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080
MB: Asus Rog Strix Z790-E Gaming WIFI II
CPUI: Intel Core i7 14700K

6 REPLIES 6

Vynra
Level 12

the problem could be your ram is unstable...? crashing in games is a clear sign that you got unstable ram. do memtest and occt memory and see if you get any errors. anything above 6800 is actually pretty hard to run. 

Everything was normal with my previous motherboard, it works fine with 6800 mhz.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @VValtieL 

Test with XMP I or XMP II.

XMP Tweaked is the most aggressively tuned profile with adjustments to memory subsets.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I can't even enter the game with XMP I

Assuming the system is stable at Optimised Defaults? (No overclocking with XMP).

There are no GSKILL kits yet validated for 14th gen CPUs as of yet on the QVL for the Z790-E Gaming.

Assuming you're using the same CPU, differences in auto ruling might be another factor. Check what values are being applied and work from there. You can try tuning the VCCSA, IMC VDD, IVT TX voltages.

Silent_Scone_0-1708083260582.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I don't know much about PC. I just tried increasing the VCCSA voltage, but it didn't work. Can this problem be solved with the new BIOS update?