cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790-e display over USB-C ports

imdarkray
Level 7
Hi,

I am trying to use USB-C ports of Z790-e for display. But it's not working. I am not able to get any Video signal. Windows don't even recognize the monitor.

I tried both rear USB-C ports. I tried a USB-C to HDMI cable and also tried a USB-C hub which has an HDMI port for display. But it fails to detect any monitor.

Do the USB-C ports not support the Alt-display mode?

As per the tech-support team, the thunderbolt option should be enabled from BIOS which I already have as ON.

If anyone has a suggestion. please let me know.
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
imdarkray wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use USB-C ports of Z790-e for display. But it's not working. I am not able to get any Video signal. Windows don't even recognize the monitor.

I tried both rear USB-C ports. I tried a USB-C to HDMI cable and also tried a USB-C hub which has an HDMI port for display. But it fails to detect any monitor.

Do the USB-C ports not support the Alt-display mode?

As per the tech-support team, the thunderbolt option should be enabled from BIOS which I already have as ON.

If anyone has a suggestion. please let me know.

type c does not support video output on your board. only hdmi and DP.
The typec video only workd when the board has TB and that is gpu to type TB and about output back to display. otherwise will not work
Learn, Play Enjoy!

shawnjmp
Level 7

same problem here. I have a Belkin usb-c docking with both VGA and Hdmi and none are detected when plugged in my asus desktop. The docking work perfecly with my hp laptop when I switch. Both computer are on windows 11 up to date.