Did you mean: 

Z790-E Audio Issues

Cpjet64
Level 8

Z790-E
I9-13900K
32GB DDR5-7200
Win10

I am having this weird issue where the audio device isn't being detected by some games like terraria and the new starship troopers and when i go to play a song with Spotify it says it cannot play the song right now. I got everything working for a bit with the latest drivers from our drivergod MokiChu but after enabling the DTS surround I run into the same issue. I think there is a issue with DTS specifically but I am not sure. Spent a hour on hold just now to talk to someone as ASUS customer support but they hung up on me after asking if I had contacted Realtek about the USB device and I asked them if they knew that the audio device was built-in to the motherboard and not a separate USB device. So now I'm trying to call them back so I can yell at someone until I feel better. On the other hand I'm here hoping someone has some suggestions. I am going to fully clean uninstall all of the audio drivers and apps again and reinstall the latest versions of everything except DTS.

I should add as a note my workaround to get Spotify to play music I just change audio devices start a song and then change back to my front panel plug headphones and its fine from there on until the program is restarted or the PC is restarted.

0 REPLIES 0