cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690-Plus will not detect PCIe USB card

Darge82
Level 7
I am trying to add a Startech PCIe USB card SATA powered to my system but its not being detected. I have a Z690 Plus Wifi D4 motherboard. My only option is to install the card into the lowest PCIe X16 slot as all of the other slots are blocked by my FTW3 Ultra 3090. The only other visible spot is a x1 slot and the Startech is an x4. BIOS recognizes the USB card as an x2 even though its an x4. When booted into windows, windows does not detect it at all. I cannot manually install drivers as when I try to it states its not detected.

I am running a 12700k on this system with the 3090 in the Gen5 PCIe X16 upper slot and an m2 NVME SSD in the M2_1 slot. GPU shows up as 16x and SSD shows up as 4x.

Am I using too many lanes which is causing it not to detect the card? What are my options or am I overlooking a BIOS setting? I confirmed the card works in another PC.
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Install the NVME drive into M.2_2.

M.2_1 will use CPU lanes for which there are a maximum or 16x PCIe Gen 5.0 and 4x Gen 4.0
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Install the NVME drive into M.2_2.

M.2_1 will use CPU lanes for which there are a maximum or 16x PCIe Gen 5.0 and 4x Gen 4.0

Ok I will try that. Is there anything I need to do when moving the NVME? Or just swap and go?