cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Maximus Q-CODE d6 Issue, Help Needed

dyanikoglu
Level 7
I'm currently running i9-12900KF, MSI 3080 TI Suprim X & 2x16 gb GSkill Trident Z5 RAM configuration with 850w psu.

I was previously using an asus z690-a gaming Wifi D4, and switched to my new z690 Apex moba today. I'm sure GPU doesn't have any problems, but currently getting d6 qcode without any picture on the monitor.

What I've tried so far:

- Removed each cable other than fans from moba
- Tried other pcie slot
- Tried a gtx 780 card on both pcie slots, still no luck
- Tried a riser cable with both pcie slots, still not luck
- Tried hdmi and display port monitors, still d6 issue with vga light lighting white.

Is the moba dead, or is there any solution for this problem? I've updated to latest bios with flashback, but that also didn't fix the issue.
4 REPLIES 4

derpderp
Level 7
I'm having issues with a ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI build. Had everything up and running and what appeared to be stable. After a few hours came back and something didn't feel right. The PC kept stuttering. I checked the event viewer and saw a bunch of Event 17, WHEA-Logger errors...

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1:0x1
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_462D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_02
Secondary Device Name:

A reboot will fix this right? Reload and nothing, just a blank screen and a lovely D6 error. After further investigation I noticed that the motherboard doesn't recognize the NVMe drive. After resetting the BIOS (0811) with no luck I down graded to 0803 then 0702 before I gave up. Did I fry my NVMe drive? Did my GPU blow up?

Transfered everything back to the old rig and it boots up perfectly. No clue what's going on but pretty dissapointed with ASUS right now. First the Z690 HERO and now the Z690-E.

I've searched high and low and can't find anything related to this issue. Has anyone also experienced the same or know how to get the NVMe drives detected?

derpderp wrote:
I'm having issues with a ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI build. Had everything up and running and what appeared to be stable. After a few hours came back and something didn't feel right. The PC kept stuttering. I checked the event viewer and saw a bunch of Event 17, WHEA-Logger errors...

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1:0x1
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_462D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_02
Secondary Device Name:

A reboot will fix this right? Reload and nothing, just a blank screen and a lovely D6 error. After further investigation I noticed that the motherboard doesn't recognize the NVMe drive. After resetting the BIOS (0811) with no luck I down graded to 0803 then 0702 before I gave up. Did I fry my NVMe drive? Did my GPU blow up?

Transfered everything back to the old rig and it boots up perfectly. No clue what's going on but pretty dissapointed with ASUS right now. First the Z690 HERO and now the Z690-E.

I've searched high and low and can't find anything related to this issue. Has anyone also experienced the same or know how to get the NVMe drives detected?

I was able to figure this out. Moved the SSD from M.2_1 to M.2_3 and everything started working fine. Not really sure what happened since M.2_1 worked perfectly fine for a few hours. I'd prefer to use M.2_1 and utilize the 12th Gen lanes, so hopefully a BIOS update fixes this or some setting is discovered that I'm missing.

Chainbold
Level 11
dyanikoglu wrote:
I'm currently running i9-12900KF, MSI 3080 TI Suprim X & 2x16 gb GSkill Trident Z5 RAM configuration with 850w psu.

I was previously using an asus z690-a gaming Wifi D4, and switched to my new z690 Apex moba today. I'm sure GPU doesn't have any problems, but currently getting d6 qcode without any picture on the monitor.

What I've tried so far:

- Removed each cable other than fans from moba
- Tried other pcie slot
- Tried a gtx 780 card on both pcie slots, still no luck
- Tried a riser cable with both pcie slots, still not luck
- Tried hdmi and display port monitors, still d6 issue with vga light lighting white.

Is the moba dead, or is there any solution for this problem? I've updated to latest bios with flashback, but that also didn't fix the issue.

As far as I know, Maximus is recalled by Asus:

ASUS recalls ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboards affect by "reversed memory capacitor issue"

Hi. How did u sort this out? I am having same issue after updating bios to 1101 on my z690 Extreme