cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Hero or Strix with G.Skill ram

wing_man
Level 7
Does anybody have a Z690 Hero or Strix using G.Skill F5-6000U3636E16GA2-TZ5K or F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K ram? (36 36 36 76 1.3V) Can you run xmp without issues?
2 REPLIES 2

Deke06
Level 7
I'm running the F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K kit on the Strix Z690-I in XMP I profile with zero issues for the last two weeks. These were my tweaks:

VDD 1.375
VDDQ 1.375
IVR Transmitter VDDQ Voltage 1.375
Memory controller voltage 1.25

CPU System Agent Voltage: Offset mode
-CPU System Agent Voltage Offset: Auto

BCLK set manually to 100, disabled Asus multicore enhancement, BCLK:RAM manually at 100:100, the Memory Controller: DRAM frequency to gear 2 (1:2), and manually set the DRAM frequency to 6000.

BIOS Advanced\ Platform Misc Configuration set PCI Express Native Power Management to Disabled.

I'm also running the F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K kit on my Z690 Formula. It's set for XMP II, everything on auto, and seems to be working well enough.

I can't say the same about the RGB support. Armoury Crate does see the memory modules and does animate their colors, however, during system sleep they are not changed, so they're left in whatever state they were in when sleep occurs. This can be right in the middle of PWM pulses, leaving the modules looking random, but also likely glowing brightly when the rest of the machine is dark. G.Skill's support team declared that it's not possible to make work correctly without BIOS support, but as an operating system engineer myself, I know they're wrong. The driver could darken them when OS sleep is imminent. Given that they buy the RGB support from a Taiwanese firm named ENE Technology, this is their support just passing the buck. With the generally poor quality of RGB software up and down the stack, it seems like the solution is to ignore all vendor-supplied software and opt for SignalRGB or OpenRGB because they will take a holistic approach to the entire machine and not just their own vendor components. If similarly fast modules in white styling become available, I'll be ditching these G.Skill modules because of this poor software.