cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z690 hero cannot regenize RAM at A1 & A2 ram slots - QCODE 55

yoel100
Level 7
Hey all,
My MB shows QCODE 55 if I put the RAM in A1 or A2 slot, in B1 and B2 no error.
if I reseat the CPU the error is gone then come back after the same time.

MB is not part of the defective z690 hero cap issue - confirmed via the Asus site and by visual check of the cap.
Tried to clean CPU from thermal paste, reseat the CPU, reseat RAM - not working 😞
Also, check for bent pins in the CPU socket but none were seen.
RAM appears in the QVL list ( corsair CMT32GX5M2X5600C36)
Tried with XMP on and off - same result.

the other issue is that when the system did succeed to boot it takes a lot of time to boot - about 2 minutes seems because of the POST check. maybe there is a setting to turn off the post check that takes a lot of time?

any other suggestions before RMA?

System details:
CPU: Intel i9 12900k
MB: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 Hero
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 5600MHz C36
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB
Power supply: EVGA 1600 T2
16 REPLIES 16

yoel100 wrote:
Tried as you suggested, still presist.
idk i think ill RMA the mb just need to verify that its indeed the mb and not the CPU

Ensure there is no socket damage beforehand
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

DragDay7 wrote:
Hi ahfoo,

I was referring to OPs setup - he uses two sticks and he should populate A2+B2 only.

@DragDay7

Sorry to misunderstanding your message.

Legolas
Level 9
please clean the memory modules fingers.
I suggest testing each memory individually on A2.
If one of the memory flag code 55, this module is the culprit and you need to replace the memory kit
If both pass, please clean the B2 with alcohol and then try to install memory on B2 again.
Update latest bios when install on A2
If it still persists, clear CMOS with battery and then try installing on A2 and B2 again
If it works, please enable XMP and make sure the timing is 36-36-36-76 with 1.25V. If it is Q-code 55, adjust the DRAM voltage higher to 1.26V or higher.
If you really want to see if it is memory, install each memory on A2 and run Memtest86 and repeat it on the other memory module. If one of the memory has errors, RMA the memory.
Hope that helps.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
please clean the memory modules fingers.
I suggest testing each memory individually on A2.
If one of the memory flag code 55, this module is the culprit and you need to replace the memory kit
If both pass, please clean the B2 with alcohol and then try to install memory on B2 again.
Update latest bios when install on A2
If it still persists, clear CMOS with battery and then try installing on A2 and B2 again
If it works, please enable XMP and make sure the timing is 36-36-36-76 with 1.25V. If it is Q-code 55, adjust the DRAM voltage higher to 1.26V or higher.
If you really want to see if it is memory, install each memory on A2 and run Memtest86 and repeat it on the other memory module. If one of the memory has errors, RMA the memory.
Hope that helps.

the memory modules are ok. as I said if the memory modules are seats in B1 & B2 everything is fine. QCODE 55 is shown sometime after either one of the RAM modules moved to A1 or A2 slots. also, Memtest86 shows no errors at all, even if one of the RAM modules seats in the A slot.

ahfoo
Level 13
To add on, please check all the RAM module to see if there is any bad connection point.

davboj
Level 7
yoel100 wrote:
Hey all,
My MB shows QCODE 55 if I put the RAM in A1 or A2 slot, in B1 and B2 no error.
if I reseat the CPU the error is gone then come back after the same time.

MB is not part of the defective z690 hero cap issue - confirmed via the Asus site and by visual check of the cap.
Tried to clean CPU from thermal paste, reseat the CPU, reseat RAM - not working 😞
Also, check for bent pins in the CPU socket but none were seen.
RAM appears in the QVL list ( corsair CMT32GX5M2X5600C36)
Tried with XMP on and off - same result.

the other issue is that when the system did succeed to boot it takes a lot of time to boot - about 2 minutes seems because of the POST check. maybe there is a setting to turn off the post check that takes a lot of time?

any other suggestions before RMA?

System details:
CPU: Intel i9 12900k
MB: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 Hero
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 5600MHz C36
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB
Power supply: EVGA 1600 T2

In my case, only B1 and B2 worked on the z690-g. After I released the AIO, all slots worked, including A2 B2. I tried several times, even without a cooler, and that was it. Now everything is working fine. It's incredible how just squeezing the cooler a little harder caused problems and how I only had to squeeze it with my hand and not all the way... Intel 13600K, Z690-G, Asus 240 AIO TUF, RAM Kingston DDR5 5200 MHz....

davboj wrote:
In my case, only B1 and B2 worked on the z690-g. After I released the AIO, all slots worked, including A2 B2. I tried several times, even without a cooler, and that was it. Now everything is working fine. It's incredible how just squeezing the cooler a little harder caused problems and how I only had to squeeze it with my hand and not all the way... Intel 13600K, Z690-G, Asus 240 AIO TUF, RAM Kingston DDR5 5200 MHz....

What do you mean that you released the AIO? Do you mean that you loosened the screws that mount the AIO on top of the CPU?