cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula Q-Code 00

Russ78
Level 7
Hello,

My Z690 formula is showing a Q-code 00 with no display. I built the computer at the end of November and have had no problems since then. I updated Bios 2 days before the Q-code 00 happened. The motherboard's lights and LCD come on and report the code 00 on power-up. There are no beeps on startup. I didn't get to overclocking yet and the temperatures were always in the normal range.

Specs:

Asus z690 Formula
Intel Core i9 12900K 16 Core Alder Lake
Cooler: Corsair H100i elite Capillex AIO
G.Skill RGB Trident 6000MHz 32GB (16x2)
ASUS ROG STRIX 3080
ASUS 850W white PSU
LIAN LI Lanicool Mesh 2
Samsung 2tb 980 Pro

So far I've removed all peripherals so only the CPU, mobo, and 1 stick of ram are connected. I've tried removing the battery and using bios flashback. I also tested the PSU voltages, but load test has not been run. I am still getting the 00 code. I don't have any spare mobos or CPUs to test.

Anyone know what I can do before I RMA? I don't know if it's the CPU or the mobo.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

TZero
Level 8
Your card is frozen right from the start at QCode 00 or after a series of codes it parks at 00 ???? My MB starts and works normally (win11) showing QCode 00 or A0

What does the OLED display show you ???

Assuming it doesn't even start (only showing QCode 00) it tries to enter the BIOS (sometimes pressing the FLEX-KEY button - if it is configured by the BIOS to enter Default Mode) make changes and save/restart. As a last, you can try CLEAR CMOS and see if you can get into the BIOS and notice something out of the ordinary.

The BIOS for some reason may not understand that you want to use RTX 3080 video.

Hi thanks for the response, the OLED displays: "CPU error 00" then just shows a small square circuit once the error message disappears.

No other codes are shown either on the OLED or the Q-code display. At the moment I am trying to use just the onboard graphics to get to the bios but I still have no display. I checked that the monitor works with my laptop.

When Ibackflash bios the OLED will display the process (1,2,3) and say updated successfully but still no display. The bios version I used was the release version (503 I think).

Is it possible the CPU simply failed after these few months?

Thanks!

I already had this code simply because the cooler was too tight, putting too much pressure on the CPU.
I've seen it happen also because the CPU didn't recognize the memory stick.

I would try AGAIN:

- clear the CMOS (do not turn on the PC)
- completely turn off the PSU (unplug the power cord)
- install the RTX 3080, connect to the monitor (do not turn on the PC).
- power up and turn on the PSU
- upgrade to BIOS 811 or later
- Turn on the PC to see if at least video appears (try entering the BIOS)

PS.: If it doesn't work, repeat the procedure but start swapping the memory slots between them (A to B and B to A) using 2 sticks