cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z690 Formula - Detect memory

axiumone
Level 11

I've had this board since launch. In the begining, I had it with 4x16GB sticks from two corsair kits and with early bios revisions that was a nightmare. Fine, I've sold the kits and switched to a single 64GB kit. I was hoping for plug and play. Just XMP is enabled.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB-DDR5-Memory---White/...

I need stability out of this rig, and I'm having two big issues. Every couple of reboots, I'll get stuck on memory detect while booting. I'll have to power cycle and it'll kick me to bios saying it couldn't boot, I'll go into bios and without changing anything, it'll keep working for another couple of boots. The other issue is win 11 refuses to wake from sleep. Instead of waking the system, it will reboot. Bios is 2004

Current bios settings -

33 REPLIES 33

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Try raising VDD and VDDQ to 1.30 - 1.35v.

Please see the first post. The bios settings are there, including what you're suggesting.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Try raising VDD and VDDQ to 1.30 - 1.35v.

None of the suggestions have worked so far. What's next?

axiumone
Level 11
I'm still having the issue. What does QVL mean to asus? What was tested? What settings were used?

This kit behaves the same even at the kits JEDEC settings of 4000mhz. Corsair support says the kit is fine. That means its the motherboard.

axiumone wrote:
I'm still having the issue. What does QVL mean to asus? What was tested? What settings were used?

This kit behaves the same even at the kits JEDEC settings of 4000mhz. Corsair support says the kit is fine. That means its the motherboard.

I have two ram sets of 16 GB x 2, one is ADATA 4800 and one is G-Skill 6600, both works only on A1, B1 slot with 4000mhz. Not posting on A2,B2 and showing memory detect issue.

after many trial. it works now only on B2 with 6600 but putting the other ram on A2 slot show memory detect issue. putting single ram in A2 also memory detect.

I am not getting any help. its either MB problem or some bios tweaks needed.

ssstrong wrote:
I have two ram sets of 16 GB x 2, one is ADATA 4800 and one is G-Skill 6600, both works only on A1, B1 slot with 4000mhz. Not posting on A2,B2 and showing memory detect issue.

after many trial. it works now only on B2 with 6600 but putting the other ram on A2 slot show memory detect issue. putting single ram in A2 also memory detect.

I am not getting any help. its either MB problem or some bios tweaks needed.

I have a similar problem on my ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi when it comes to memory in-slot recognition. Only B2 works! I can therefore only use one of my 2 new 16Gb DDR5 G.Skill 6000 Trident Z5 sticks! Tried all the bios's except the last 2 that won't let you wind back and am on the last one before them.

Nate152
Hello 0ptimiser,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I also have the ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming Wifi with 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston Fury Beast 6000MT/s cl40 overclocked to 6200MT/s 34-36-36-40-2N timings in Gear Mode 2.

I'm on the latest bios 2103 and I find this bios to be the best so far.

If slot A2 is not detecting your memory at default settings, you could try loosening your cpu cooler a touch. If that doesn't help, remove your cpu cooler and cpu and check for any bent or misaligned cpu socket pins with a magnifying glass.

Here is a screenshot of HWinfo, click the pic to make it bigger.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello 0ptimiser,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I also have the ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming Wifi with 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston Fury Beast 6000MT/s cl40 overclocked to 6200MT/s 34-36-36-40-2N timings in Gear Mode 2.

If slot A2 is not detecting your memory at default settings, you could try loosening your cpu cooler a touch. If that doesn't help, remove your cpu cooler and cpu and check for any bent or misaligned cpu socket pins with a magnifying glass.

Here is a screenshot of HWinfo, click the pic to make it bigger.

Hello,

will the CPU cooler pressure affect the A2 and not A1 ?

Mine sometime post but crash during stress or gaming, and sometimes doesn't post at all

Nate152 wrote:

Hey, Nate, I also have Z690-F, and I'm a bit scared updating to 2103 from my 1304 due to no-rollback issue.
At BIOS 1304 my G.skill 6000 cl36 seems stable at XMP and even allowed me some overclock to 6200.
But later BIOSes (1505, 1601..) couldn't even handle the XMP right. And a lot of complaints for all of them here ta the forum.

What you think - shall i try 2103?

vova-ko wrote:
Hey, Nate, I also have Z690-F, and I'm a bit scared updating to 2103 from my 1304 due to no-rollback issue.
At BIOS 1304 my G.skill 6000 cl36 seems stable at XMP and even allowed me some overclock to 6200.
But later BIOSes (1505, 1601..) couldn't even handle the XMP right. And a lot of complaints for all of them here ta the forum.

What you think - shall i try 2103?

Don't update or you'll risk breaking xmp, whoever praises the recent 2004 and 2103 bios must live the clouds and is not aware of how many people around here (including me) are complaining about it.

Checking for loose cpu contacts had to be the most hilarious suggestion I've seen here, as if the pins magically twisted themselves and broke xmp after I updated the bios and bricked xmp that was working fine on an older bios version for nearly a year.

kaedex wrote:
Don't update or you'll risk breaking xmp, whoever praises the recent 2004 and 2103 bios must live the clouds and is not aware of how many people around here (including me) are complaining about it.

Checking for loose cpu contacts had to be the most hilarious suggestion I've seen here, as if the pins magically twisted themselves and broke xmp after I updated the bios and bricked xmp that was working fine on an older bios version for nearly a year.

Totally agree.