cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z690 Formula - Detect memory

axiumone
Level 11

I've had this board since launch. In the begining, I had it with 4x16GB sticks from two corsair kits and with early bios revisions that was a nightmare. Fine, I've sold the kits and switched to a single 64GB kit. I was hoping for plug and play. Just XMP is enabled.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB-DDR5-Memory---White/...

I need stability out of this rig, and I'm having two big issues. Every couple of reboots, I'll get stuck on memory detect while booting. I'll have to power cycle and it'll kick me to bios saying it couldn't boot, I'll go into bios and without changing anything, it'll keep working for another couple of boots. The other issue is win 11 refuses to wake from sleep. Instead of waking the system, it will reboot. Bios is 2004

Current bios settings -

33 REPLIES 33

axiumone
Level 11
Restarting the system this morning lead to it getting frozen on boot on memory detect 55 error. I hate this motherboard. This is the most frustrating board I've ever had.

Between this board that hasnt worked right for a year and after replacements and the PG42UQ that has been on garbage tier firmware for 5 months now. This is it for me. No more asus parts.

axiumone
Level 11
Hello, asus?

sblantipodi
Level 9

same issue since a year and half, 1200€ on a board that isn't able to boot at SPD speed.

think twice before buying an asus next time 😉

sblantipodi
Level 9

Think twice before buying a product from those people

This is their customer service. This is what you get after they got your money.