cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula - 13900kf - DDR5 7600mhz Issues ( Detect Memory)

frostinheart
Level 8
Hi there everyone, after updating my system from 12900ks + 6400mhz cl34 sticks to 1300kf + 32gb 7600mhz cl36 kit none of the xmp profiles or cpu overclock seettings seem to work and i just get Detect Memory error on the mainbord with black screen. Pc is only able to start with the optimized default settings in bios. One of my friend with 13700k is having the exact same issue. Has anyone been experiencing these with the z690 boards?

Any tips would be welcome
8 REPLIES 8

siposnorbert71
Level 10
I think the problem is that z690 does not support 7600mhz overclocking, only up to 6600mhz

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

You will need to tune manually. 7600MT needs a 13th gen board and a decent CPU (strong IMC). *Depending on the board, you can try 6600 - 6800MT / 1.42v VDD / VDDQ. Alternatively return the kit for one present on the motherboard QVL.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

My motherboard what happy running 5600 cl32 i upgraded to Gskill ARGB memory nice looking and now all i get is Detecting memory in XMP 1 and XMP 2 neither work and im very unhappy with QVL checking if this wont work ..

anyone else having the same issue and what was your fix. please.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

You will need to tune manually. 7600MT needs a 13th gen board and a decent CPU (strong IMC). *Depending on the board, you can try 6600 - 6800MT / 1.42v VDD / VDDQ. Alternatively return the kit for one present on the motherboard QVL.

Wasn’t the ram frequencies gonna be updated for 13th gen cpus on the z690 boards? One of my friends with Msi z690 board is using 7600mhz succesfully with a bios update only.

*I don’t think this issue is related with z790 upgrade but the bios stability. Since there are people with z790 boards having the similar issues i do not wish to upgrade my board without an official response from asus.

frostinheart wrote:
Wasn’t the ram frequencies gonna be updated for 13th gen cpus on the z690 boards? One of my friends with Msi z690 board is using 7600mhz succesfully with a bios update only.

*I don’t think this issue is related with z790 upgrade but the bios stability. Since there are people with z790 boards having the similar issues i do not wish to upgrade my board without an official response from asus.

You'll never make it past the memory training if all you did was select the XMP profile and then change the frequency to 7600. You'll need to change a couple voltages for stability, and you'll most likely need to loosen the timings a little bit. Also, the z690 boards aren't made to support that frequency, I don't know if you'll ever get that to post, but I am almost certain you'll blue screen.

As far as your friend, you can certainly get the system to post with that kit installed, however you won't be able to run it at full speed. Ask your friend to send you a screen shot of the CPUz or memtweakit. I can promise you he isn't running that at 7600. Check out Buildzoid on YouTube. I think his channel is Actually Hardcore Overclocking or something like that. He has a lot of videos that you help you understand what exactly is possible. He has a couple in on Asus boards and if I remember correctly he has one at 6600 which I think is the highest Asus z690 will go.

If you want it to post, XMP 1. then lower the frequency to 6600. Also, if you have undervolted your 12th gen CPU you'll need to switch that back to auto... but probably manual and add a little voltage.

I successfully got my gskill ddr5 7600mhz cl36 kit (F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK) running at 7200 mhz cl34 @ 1.40v Stable on my asus z690 formula with a 13900KF.

Ultrasonix
Level 8
hi there im runing memory on the QVL list Gskill 6400 CL32 and my maximus z690 Glacial wont get back detect memory what the hell is going on. here.

Ultrasonix wrote:
hi there im runing memory on the QVL list Gskill 6400 CL32 and my maximus z690 Glacial wont get back detect memory what the hell is going on. here.

You should install chipset and me driver updates Â*from the support page for your mainboard. I can run my 7600mhz ram sticks @6400mhz with the above updates. Theres a problem with the bios i suppose.