cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690-F Gaming WiFi - is freezing my computer

nvybvl
Level 7
Hello Community,

I am writing you my actual problem with my compppppppppppppppppputer, so I will let the messages exactly to see how my computer is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactually act when I use it.

- As you can already see, my computer iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis blocking when I write, and my keyboard is typing by itself on the last letter I press from time to time (I don't know how to describe better than this) - literally issssssssssssssssss blocking and typing by itself for 1 second.

- I have the same issue with the mouse but the mouse is just freezing, not "moving" by itself but just freeze for 1 second from time to time.

- I had the same issue with the Sound, when I was playing youtube, my sound (from time to time) hears with interruptions (a lot of them))))))))))))))))))). Like 1 second of sound, 1 second of silance, 1 second of sound, 1 second of silance, and so on.
** I fixed this issue by installing the lastest drivers from the official website. Seems that the problem with the sounds no longer occurs.

My computer configuration is the following one:

• CPU: Intel i9 12900K
  • Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z690-F Gaming WIFI
  • Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB DDR5 4800MHz CL40
  • GPU: GTX 1650 - 4 GB - GDDR6
  • Source: Be Quiet! Dark Power 12 750W
  • Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A
  • Main SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 500GB PCI Express 4.0 x4 M.2 2280
  • Cooler CPU: Asus ROG Ryujin 360, ARGB, 3 x 120mm

Then I have a second SSD same with the main one + 2 classic HDD's.
Windows 11 Home, Version: 21H2, OS BUILD: 22000.348

Thank you for your time!
6 REPLIES 6

nvybvl
Level 7
nvybvl wrote:
Hello Community,

I am writing you my actual problem with my compppppppppppppppppputer, so I will let the messages exactly to see how my computer is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactually act when I use it.

- As you can already see, my computer iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis blocking when I write, and my keyboard is typing by itself on the last letter I press from time to time (I don't know how to describe better than this) - literally issssssssssssssssss blocking and typing by itself for 1 second.

- I have the same issue with the mouse but the mouse is just freezing, not "moving" by itself but just freeze for 1 second from time to time.

- I had the same issue with the Sound, when I was playing youtube, my sound (from time to time) hears with interruptions (a lot of them))))))))))))))))))). Like 1 second of sound, 1 second of silance, 1 second of sound, 1 second of silance, and so on.
** I fixed this issue by installing the lastest drivers from the official website. Seems that the problem with the sounds no longer occurs.

My computer configuration is the following one:

• CPU: Intel i9 12900K
  • Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z690-F Gaming WIFI
  • Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB DDR5 4800MHz CL40
  • GPU: GTX 1650 - 4 GB - GDDR6
  • Source: Be Quiet! Dark Power 12 750W
  • Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A
  • Main SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 500GB PCI Express 4.0 x4 M.2 2280
  • Cooler CPU: Asus ROG Ryujin 360, ARGB, 3 x 120mm

Then I have a second SSD same with the main one + 2 classic HDD's.
Windows 11 Home, Version: 21H2, OS BUILD: 22000.348

Thank you for your time!

I think I just solved this by updating the BIOS with the latest version from manufacturer website.

bscool
Level 11
Do you let your computer sleep? I noticed a similar issue with my keyboard the other day and the only thing I did "out the norm" was use sleep. Normally i shut down when not using my pc.

Anyway if your bios update fixed it that is good news.:D

bscool wrote:
Do you let your computer sleep? I noticed a similar issue with my keyboard the other day and the only thing I did "out the norm" was use sleep. Normally i shut down when not using my pc.

Anyway if your bios update fixed it that is good news.:D

Hi, I don't use sleep never. Try to update the bios, this should fix almost all the bugs.. I have no problems with my computer now.

I have the same issue with the Z690-A.... Nothing helps for me, I created also a thread here

Strakay wrote:
I have the same issue with the Z690-A.... Nothing helps for me, I created also a thread here

What bios are you on? I updated to the latest 812 bios for the Strix A d4 and havent had any issues.

812 https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1m4s5mzc6...-0812.rar?dl=0

source https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge6#post850613

The latest from ASUS webside 807.

Now I updated the Bios to 812 and the same issue appears again, without a change.