cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690-F and wake on lan

Armand28
Level 7
Hey all, not sure if I need to post this here or in networking, but here is my issue:
When I only connect using Wi-Fi, I can wake the computer using a magic packet sent from a mobile app or from my axe16000 router. *When I connect using Ethernet, nothing. *No lights on the nic when the pc sleeps, so I’m guessing maybe the card is fully powered down and therefore isn’t getting any packets, but I tried every possible options of APM bios settings, NIC advance settings, windows 11 power modes, updating drivers, removing and re-adding the nic, etc and nothing, it’s dead when the pc sleeps. *
Has anyone else encountered this and fixed it? *

Thanks!*
10 REPLIES 10

sblantipodi
Level 9
Ethernet card is connected to PCIe.

Go to bios,
Advanced,
APC configuration,
Set "power on by PCI" to enabled.

Save and you are set.

sblantipodi wrote:

Go to bios,
Advanced,
APC configuration,

Save and you are set.

Hi, I had that set and still no dice. Â*Again the Wi-Fi can wake the pc, but the Ethernet goes dark for some reason when the PC sleeps.

sblantipodi wrote:

Go to bios,
Advanced,
APC configuration,

Save and you are set.

tried all that, still the wan link light on the nic turns off which makes me think the nic isn’t powered in sleep mode. Â*The specs say WOL capable and it does wake on Wi-Fi (?!?) but the nic completely turns off when the system is asleep. Â*

Armand28 wrote:
tried all that, still the wan link light on the nic turns off which makes me think the nic isn’t powered in sleep mode. Â*The specs say WOL capable and it does wake on Wi-Fi (?!?) but the nic completely turns off when the system is asleep. Â*

Hi.

I have the same problem as you describes here. I have five of these motherboards and all have the same problem. Have tried all settings that are supposed to influence WOL. Have tried Win 10 and Win 11 as OS. Updated BIOS to 2103 today. Still no WOL. Link goes dead when shutting down computer. Also tried latest available drivers from Asus and Intel. Tried contacting ASUS support, but they told med I had to make the link stay on (Yeah like it's not what I have been trying to do....).

Hope you have had any success with this problem. If so, please share 🙂

DragDay7
Level 9
Have you disabled fast boot via power management in Windows control panel?

be sure that power saving features in BIOS are disabled like ErP for example.

and check if the ethernet card you want to get the magic packet is enabled to wake the device.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-and-use-wake-lan-wol-windows-10

open your device manager, find ethernet driver, open properties and open power manager, enable wake up this pc device.

tomersa
Level 7
I have the same problem. If you put computer to sleep, you can wake it up in a couple of minutes , but after around 15 minutes system apparently goes to deep sleep and you cant wake it up anymore.

Hi.

My immediate solution was to by a cheap TP-Link pcie network card. Installed ont the motherboard it actually works great. Why ASUS cannot make the onboard NIC to work is a mystery. Does not seem like there are any interest in trying to fix the problem either. Fortunately a NIC to 10$ did the trick.

Best regard
KFO