cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Extreme RAM-space and AIO Watercooler

simon_leuener
Level 10
Hello Everyone
I own a Z690 Extreme and got a Gigabyte Waterforce X280 AIO Watercooler.
My problem is, there is no way to place that cooler on the CPU without loose
the space for the first bar of RAMS.
ATM i use 2x16 GB on A2/B2 and its ok.
But no chance to be able to use 4x16 GB RAM in the furute.
I tried every possible position with the Waterforce. The 2 waterlines (or better the connections of it)
are so big, it either use space of RAM A1 or u cant place it due to the passive coolings from Z690 Extreme
around Socket 1700....
What should I do?
Do i really have to replace my AIO (Socket 1700 confirmed) against another one
on a EUR 1100+ Board? REALLY???
What about the noisy Ryuijin II?
What other AIO does fit in there, so I can use the AIO and 4x RAM?
I need a tip from ppl, already have it build in and works. The descriptions of the Internet are
unclear or even wrong 😞
Thank u for ur help everyone!
3 REPLIES 3

Ribellu
Level 10
simon.leueuer wrote:
Hello Everyone
I own a Z690 Extreme and got a Gigabyte Waterforce X280 AIO Watercooler.
My problem is, there is no way to place that cooler on the CPU without loose
the space for the first bar of RAMS.
ATM i use 2x16 GB on A2/B2 and its ok.
But no chance to be able to use 4x16 GB RAM in the furute.
I tried every possible position with the Waterforce. The 2 waterlines (or better the connections of it)
are so big, it either use space of RAM A1 or u cant place it due to the passive coolings from Z690 Extreme
around Socket 1700....
What should I do?
Do i really have to replace my AIO (Socket 1700 confirmed) against another one
on a EUR 1100+ Board? REALLY???
What about the noisy Ryuijin II?
What other AIO does fit in there, so I can use the AIO and 4x RAM?
I need a tip from ppl, already have it build in and works. The descriptions of the Internet are
unclear or even wrong 😞
Thank u for ur help everyone!

I have the same problem with AIO MSI 240 C, If I place the pipe inlet block on the right side, I lose the location of the first ram slot.

I can turn it the other way the pipes on the left but my block with the logo is upside down.

For the moment I only have 2x16Gigs of RAM (Slot A2 and B2) and that is more than enough for me.

Ribellu wrote:
I can turn it the other way the pipes on the left but my block with the logo is upside down.

Thanks for the reply. If I COULD turn it to the other side (aka pipes left) I oul have no Problem.
But in my case with the Aorus Waterforce, left up, down is not possible due to big bipes and the 3 sided passive cooler
So onle right is possible, which takes the spot of RAM A1...

Such a terrible build for an EUR 1100.- premium product. Im upset with ASUS really.
RAM problems, XMP Problems, Condenser problems (HERO), Bios Problems, Shared lanes M2.1 and PCIEX 1.1, etc...
Seems we are premium testers for the new line! Disgusting really!!!

simon.leueuer wrote:

Such a terrible build for an EUR 1100.- premium product. Im upset with ASUS really.
RAM problems, XMP Problems, Condenser problems (HERO), Bios Problems, Shared lanes M2.1 and PCIEX 1.1, etc...
Seems we are premium testers for the new line! Disgusting really!!!

I agree with you on several points and for the first time, I am really very disappointed with Asus.

And in your case to see that their own component (AIO and MB) are not even compatible with each other is outrageous...