Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 dual bios and raptor lake

raybantracing
Level 8
Hi,
I have a Z690 extreme with dual bios.

I bought the motherboard with a 12900K but before upgrading to raptor lake I upgraded both bioses to the latest 2103 bios.

Unfortunantly I upgraded to the latest ME firmware only one bios not the other.

Now I have two bios to the latest version 2103 but only one have the latest ME firmware.

I read somewhere that in order to support raptor lake both bioses should run the latest me firmware.

Is this true?

Will I crash my mobo if I switch to the second biso now that I have raptor but I haven't upgraded the latest ME firmware on the second bios?
6 REPLIES 6

ahfoo
Level 13
Within my knowledge or you may correct me if I was wrong. I dont think the 2nd bios come into picture. The dual bios I thought supposed to do with fail safe?

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I'll let the ASUS staff confirm this, but from my point of view as long as one of your BIOS chip uses the latest BIOS 2103 + ME 16.1.25.1885 or newer, you will have no issue.

What you read somewhere, I think it's the words of Shamino :

Shamino wrote:
NOTE for Z690: You must update ME on your Z690 to properly support raptorlake (if you are on dual bioses then you need to do this to both bioses)

I think you misinterpreted his statement, he didn't mean that if you don't update the ME of one of the BIOS the other won't work properly, he rather meant that the ME firmware update is not done at once for the 2 BIOSes, but that the ME of each BIOS must be updated independently.

raybantracing
Level 8
I don't know my friend, I'll wait for some experts that joins the discussion:)

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
raybantracing wrote:
Hi,
I have a Z690 extreme with dual bios.

I bought the motherboard with a 12900K but before upgrading to raptor lake I upgraded both bioses to the latest 2103 bios.

Unfortunantly I upgraded to the latest ME firmware only one bios not the other.

Now I have two bios to the latest version 2103 but only one have the latest ME firmware.

I read somewhere that in order to support raptor lake both bioses should run the latest me firmware.

Is this true?

Will I crash my mobo if I switch to the second biso now that I have raptor but I haven't upgraded the latest ME firmware on the second bios?

Hello,

If wanting to utilise the secondary BIOS you will need to upgrade the ME driver and firmware.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

If wanting to utilise the secondary BIOS you will need to upgrade the ME driver and firmware.

Secondary bios is updated, but how can I update the ME bios now?
As far as I know usb flashback works only with bios, how can I update the me firmware?

Thanks

raybantracing wrote:
Secondary bios is updated, but how can I update the ME bios now?
As far as I know usb flashback works only with bios, how can I update the me firmware?

Thanks

use the tool in the stickied Raptorlake resource thread in this section. The firmware update can be done from DOS prompt or from within the OS
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090