Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 BIOS 2602

arlicht
Level 9

Hey there,

Is anyone tried new 2602 BIOS for Z690?

Any difference compared to 2204, 2305 or 2403?

80 REPLIES 80

Thank you for your explanations, David. You provide comprehensive and informative explanations.

I have a question based on what you mentioned. Well, I have the G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 32GB 4000MHz CL18 1.4V RAM, which I showed you the specifications of. Surprisingly, the system works without any issues, and even after 4-5 hours of gaming (Forza, Fortnite, etc.), it neither crashes nor encounters the Blue Screen of Death. Is there any reason why there could be a difference in performance between these two G.Skill RAM modules with the same specifications?

Second question: Is there a difference in frame rates between 3600 and 4000 frequencies in gaming?

Third question: Now, among different brands, could you recommend one or two that have better compatibility with Asus and this specific motherboard model?

Thank you again, and I appreciate your assistance. 🙏

Basically I don't think you will feel the difference
Memories with tighter timing will give you better performance rather than speed.
Don't complicate the situation.
Once you don't have the knowledge or experience in timings go safe.
I hardly play. My computer for other purposes. Simulations of electronics circuits design.
My field is measuring equipment design.
Electronics engineering.
The reason I have knowledge of memories The fact that I do overclocking records in my free time.
I have a number of records with my hardware on HWBOT I am currently 18th in the world in overclocking on DDR4 And I can tell you that establishing memories can take a week of attempts.
Temperature affects voltages And there must not be even one error.
Keep in mind that it is most likely that you corrupted the operating system because of all the errors. in OC to RAM I always make a Windows ISO backup.
You wouldn't know how many times this has happened to me The errors will eventually reach a state where the system will not boot. And again in terms of games, ask others.
If you have a question about frequency generators. Oscilloscope. spectrum analyzer. This is my field
asus prime z690 d4. i7 12700k. ASUS TUF OC 3080TI.

Really great work 👌
And you provided me with detailed explanations, so let me mention one last point that it's better to choose RAM with a lower voltage of 1.4V and tighter timings?"

In any case, tighter timings and less voltage are always better if stability can be found or a kit offers one or both of these things.

Stick to kits listed on the QVL for best possible chance of success with plug & play.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

mr_rahimi92
Level 7

hello guys.

in the information of 2602, asus said :

1. Improve system stability and compatibility for the next-gen processors

what is that mean?

are this board support 14th of intel?

Yes, it will support a full line of Gen14 including 14900K or 14900KS whatever will be the top dog in that generation. 14th Gen will be based on the same LGA1700. Way to go Intel ! AMD had AM4 socket for what 10 years ? 😄

afshinzx12
Level 9

Hello friends. My board mother is Z690-F wifi Gaming. I read the comments of previous users. I wanted to ask how is the feedback of update 2602 so far? Does it work well on the Z690-F wifi Gaming model? Will XMP be activated? In version 2305, the XMP was completely hanging and could not be activated.

Don't know about your board, but it seems to work for most people. If not, you can go back to 2305 or 2403 but no earlier. So if you are on one of those already then there should be nothing to lose. Update MEI drivers and ME Firmware first though. 

Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2407.6.1.0, ME Firmware 16.1.32.2418, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

Thank you so much my friend. I have a question about ME update in 16.1.27.2176. How can I update my motherboard?  Is there a guide for update?

You need to update your Windows MEI drivers and then the ME Firmware. Grab the files from your motherboard support pages, or if you want even more recent versions then grab them from MoKiChU's driver threads on this forum, but make sure to use the correct drivers of course. It's going to be safest to turn off XMP before you start for maximum stability during the process. Then you can turn it back on afterwards. Run the installers as admin.

Once all done and rebooted, you can update the BIOS. You can use the flashback feature (if you have it) or use EZ Flash 3 from within the BIOS. 

If you need more detail, just ask, but that's a quick overview.  

Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2407.6.1.0, ME Firmware 16.1.32.2418, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.