cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Apex - Cor. 6200 MHz CL36 [non-QVL] and G.Sk.l 6400 MHz CL32 [QVL] not working

uplink
Level 9
Hey there guys,

I'm not great on tuning memory, so I'll rather ask. So far, I've only tweaked VDD/VDDQ with a result that on Hynix chips it had no impact [someone already pointed this one out to me, and he was right] and today I tried the G.Skill 6400 MHz CL32 kit and...

- I managed my first run with VDD/VDDQ 1.435/1.435 successfull two runs, so I restarted PC to lower the voltage and I tried decrements of 0.005v and there was no joy
- I never managed the VDD/VDDQ 1.435/1.435 afterwards, no matter how many times I cleared CMOS and reset everything, turned off the PC from electricity, etc.
- I managed muy second run with VDD/VDDQ 1.40/1.45 with high voltage DRAM enabled and after I wanted to try the 1.40/1.44 no joy and also no joy afterwards with 1.40/1.45 nor 1.45/1.45

I just liked to ask what kind of black magic is this? Why is it so super unstable?

And is there anything else I can tweak on the Samsung modules [G.Skill] besides VDD/VDDQ?

Please let me know,

with kind regards

uplink
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Knowing what board would help.

How are you testing stability between runs? It sounds like you’re dropping voltage without stressing the memory. No black magic, some CPU will have a hard time above 6000MHz, that’s just how things are.

You can try tuning Memory Controller VDD under Extreme Tweaker>Advanced Memory Settings.

Try values between 1.25v and 1.4

CPU System Agent 0.98v - 1.15v

Manually set primary timings.

Try Tweak Mode 2.

Check the sticky guides in this subsection for more info.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Knowing what board would help.

How are you testing stability between runs? It sounds like you’re dropping voltage without stressing the memory. No black magic, some CPU will have a hard time above 6000MHz, that’s just how things are.

You can try tuning Memory Controller VDD under Extreme Tweaker>Advanced Memory Settings.

Try values between 1.25v and 1.4

CPU System Agent 0.98v - 1.15v

Manually set primary timings.

Try Tweak Mode 2.

Check the sticky guides in this subsection for more info.
Thank You for Your reply mate. I use MemTest between settings, I'll try the settings You suggested, will check the sticky thread regarding memory OC and will report back.