my new build is:
Z690-A Strix
12900KF
32GB G.Skill F4-4000C18D-16GTRS
Asus 3080 TI STRIX OC
NZXT 850W
980 PRO 1TB + 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
WINDOWS 11 PRO
DEEPCOOL CASTLE V2 360 with CONDUCTONAUT liquid paste.

The problem is when i plug my Orico TCM2-C3-BK on usb type c with Sabrnet 256Gb NWME (also with 970 EVO PLUS 500Gb), windows don't reconize it and rgb led start to blinking, explorer.exe runnig but look locked.
The few time that reconized it, the max speed is 400Mb/sec.
With other pc, like z390-E and i9-9900KF it s work without problem and the speed is 900Mb/s.
All driver was upgrade, same issue with other cable.
Where is the problem???
Thanks
PS i bought other enclosure, i try if to have same problem.
7 REPLIES 7

ahfoo
Level 13
You may one to try this. With your system power off, removed your PSU cable power cord from system, remove all usb device connected to your PC. Around 3-5 mins, just insert only USB mouse and keyboard and reinsert your PSU power cord cable. Turn on the system and boot to windows 11. Once windows 11 boot successfully, now try to insert your Orico USB and see if the system can recognize as drive.

ahfoo wrote:
You may one to try this. With your system power off, removed your PSU cable power cord from system, remove all usb device connected to your PC. Around 3-5 mins, just insert only USB mouse and keyboard and reinsert your PSU power cord cable. Turn on the system and boot to windows 11. Once windows 11 boot successfully, now try to insert your Orico USB and see if the system can recognize as drive.

Same problem...94189

ahfoo
Level 13
You connected your Orico into the backpane of motherboard or the front panel connector of the case?

ahfoo wrote:
You connected your Orico into the backpane of motherboard or the front panel connector of the case?

Back Panel port...i had try all two usb type c port and third type c port with external port...same issue...i dont understand if hardware, software or bios problem's...it all things brand new (only ram, power and aio arrived from my old pc)

Pirilio wrote:
Back Panel port...i had try all two usb type c port and third type c port with external port...same issue...i dont understand if hardware, software or bios problem's...it all things brand new (only ram, power and aio arrived from my old pc)

If other USB type C connected with the back plate of your system without any issue , I am really confused and puzzle.

This post is quite old now, but if anybody else has a Thunderbolt connectivity issue then worth checking the Thunderbolt Configuration options in BIOS (advanced). They should all be good on defaults, but possibly worth some trial and error. Your enclosure should be fine, since you said it works on another PC.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
This post is quite old now, but if anybody else has a Thunderbolt connectivity issue then worth checking the Thunderbolt Configuration options in BIOS (advanced). They should all be good on defaults, but possibly worth some trial and error. Your enclosure should be fine, since you said it works on another PC.

I will check TB settings, i will try pcie board with type c plug and other enclosure 3.2..i hope to resolve it!