cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMP unstable unless i raise memory controller voltage

Vynra
Level 11

hey, wanted to get peoples input on something, so i got a 7600mhz ram kit from g skill. i have a 13900k with a rog strix E gaming wifi. well xmp/ram was throwing out errors. tried xmp1 and xmp2 and xmp tweaked and still got errors. i mustve been on the line of instability so i deided to lower it to 7400 and that ended up being super stable no errors all night with both memtest and occt stability test.

i decided that i probably needed to raise the memory controller voltage to be stable at 7600mhz. so the memory controller voltage seemed to be at 1.35 so i raised it to 1.3625. so far with the tests running i have gotten no errors after an hour (errors would be thrown within the first 15 minutes of the tests).

my question is, is this voltage safe? or is there something else i should do? not only is this my first time playing with ram voltages but its my first time playing with voltage on intel platform. any help or guidance will be appreciated. most of the forums i found were about ddr4 or ddr3. not much to go on about ddr5

3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

MC VDD or otherwise "Memory Controller Voltage"? Yes, that's ballpark for those frequencies. I'm using 1.44v for 8200MT. Beyond this needs around 1.5v which is also fairly typical for those frequencies. In other words, you're fine. The auto values scale for a reason.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

hey thanks for the response! sorry maybe something got cut off in your last message but your saying that as long as tests show im stable im good and dont need to worry right?(ill keep testing to make sure)

Correct

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090