cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMP Profiles crash my PC

TEZLINTON
Level 7
Whenever i enable a XMP profile on my Asus Prime Z690-A it crashes games within minutes. Sometimes the game just crashes other times it will blue screen or just restarts but only crashes when in a game's as stress tests seem to be fine. It also sometimes fails to reboot and just gets stuck at the asus logo screen clearing cmos fix's this but sometimes just powering down pc for a few mins lets me back into windows. XMP disabled seems to be fine not issues at all. Im running windows 11 with a 12600K & Kingston 32 GIG ram 5200MHz also running latest bios, Drivers & NO overclocks

EDIT: I have just updated to bios 1720 turned on XMP and got a blue screen within 2 mins. Im starting to regret the choice i made to switch to ASUS 😞
4,509 Views
8 REPLIES 8

ahfoo
Level 13
Which RAM slot you insert your RAM into? and can I make assumption your RAM in 2X16GB pair?

I am experiencing similar issues with my z690 Apex which I received last week via Asus RMA. I was sent what looked like a brand new board. It has the most recent bios. XMP is stable in dimm slot B1, but it is not stable in A1. Memory kit is on the QVL. I cannot get either stick XMP stable in dimm slot A1. The exact same kit worked fine running XMP on my original Apex board, and was able to overclock with tight timings. It's frustrating, however the Asus support team has been very nice and really good at communicating. I dislike the thought of having to RMA another board. I have spent so much time on this to where I'm almost exhausted. I have owned and used several generations of Asus motherboards, and this is the first time I have had any issues with XMP memory stability.

My suggestion is to call Asus support, open a support ticket and be patient. Be methodical with your troubleshooting and log everything so that you can be prepared to answer any questions over the phone.

ahfoo wrote:
Which RAM slot you insert your RAM into? and can I make assumption your RAM in 2X16GB pair?


Yes its 2x16BG and they are installed in A2 and B2 slots

Nate152
Moderator
I'm using the ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming Wifi motherboard and 12700KF with Kingston Fury Beast 16GB 6000MT/s cl 40 memory.

I was experiencing crashes at first, what solved it was raising three voltages.

CPU System Agent voltage - 1.30v
Dram VDD voltage - 1.38v
Dram VDDQ voltage - 1.38v

Updating to the latest bios may help with memory stability.

Nate152 wrote:
I'm using the ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming Wifi motherboard and 12700KF with Kingston Fury Beast 16GB 6000MT/s cl 40 memory.

I was experiencing crashes at first, what solved it was raising three voltages.

CPU System Agent voltage - 1.30v
Dram VDD voltage - 1.38v
Dram VDDQ voltage - 1.38v

Updating to the latest bios may help with memory stability.


Im currently on latest bios it was also doing the same on a older bios it came with. Im pretty new mucking around with anything memory related like voltages but im sure i could figure it out. I will wait to see if there is a easier option

Hopper64
Level 15
There is also a preconfigured set of profiles for memory in the memory timings section of the bios depending on whether it’s Samsung, Hynix, etc. There may be a profile present in that section that you can apply. I am not familiar with your memory kit, but you can check CPU-Z for the manufacturer and then apply the profile provided it’s compatible with your kit.
MZ790AE, GSkill F5-8400J4052G24GX2-TZ5RK, 14900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ HK block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Crucial T705, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
There is also a preconfigured set of profiles for memory in the memory timings section of the bios depending on whether it’s Samsung, Hynix, etc. There may be a profile present in that section that you can apply. I am not familiar with your memory kit, but you can check CPU-Z for the manufacturer and then apply the profile provided it’s compatible with your kit.


Thanks are you able to tell me what tab in bios it might be under i have had a good look around but can only find the XMP profiles. Heres a screenshot of CPU-Z i think my ram is samsung is that good? I also included the spec sheet of my ram if that helps. Sorry im pretty new to this stuff

bscool
Level 11
Only the upper tier boards have the extra profiles. Strix, Tuf and Prime dont have them