cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMP profile settings for Asus Strix z690-f and Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200 (2x16 GB)

tru007
Level 7
Good day,

I have been trying to change my XMP profile to either XMP I or II. However, I've been encountering a black screen. I tried several methods from what I read online. They didn't resolve my issue. Has anyone run into this issue? If so, what did you do to resolve the issue? Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9

ahfoo
Level 13
tru007 wrote:
Good day,

I have been trying to change my XMP profile to either XMP I or II. However, I've been encountering a black screen. I tried several methods from what I read online. They didn't resolve my issue. Has anyone run into this issue? If so, what did you do to resolve the issue? Thanks in advance

Did you try your ram with just one stick and see if the system can set to XMP.

Hi
Both ls612 and I are also having issues with enabling XMP with Corsair Vengeance 5200 CL40 ram. page 9 and 10 in OFFICIAL BIOS VER. 2004 WILL NOT ALLOW BIOS FLASHBACK THREAD.

System is 12700k, z690-g, CMK32GX5M2B5200C40 corsair vengeance 5200 32 gb kit

I am very interested in seeing how this goes. I will also attempt this step.

Rob_mc_1 wrote:
Hi
Both ls612 and I are also having issues with enabling XMP with Corsair Vengeance 5200 CL40 ram. page 9 and 10 in OFFICIAL BIOS VER. 2004 WILL NOT ALLOW BIOS FLASHBACK THREAD.

System is 12700k, z690-g, CMK32GX5M2B5200C40 corsair vengeance 5200 32 gb kit

I am very interested in seeing how this goes. I will also attempt this step.

Can you confirm the system was working well before the BIOS 2004. That is very important point.

It was working well before 1720. 1601 it was stable. by time I got a chance to troubleshoot 2004 had just came out and I figured I would upgrade to that.

Rob_mc_1 wrote:
It was working well before 1720. 1601 it was stable. by time I got a chance to troubleshoot 2004 had just came out and I figured I would upgrade to that.

Did the system managed to boot without XMP? If you try reset your bios setting factory default and set your XMP to mode 1 only. Next go to advance mode to set your RAm frequency manually to your RAM specified XMP speed. Press F10 click OK and restart to see if the system works?

ahfoo wrote:
Can you confirm the system was working well before the BIOS 2004. That is very important point.

For me the system was working well in 1304 which is what bios I was at before updating. I have the CMK64GX5M2B5200C40 which is the same kit as the others but 64GB and it had been stable at the XMP speeds for six months since I built the system. After updating it passed memtest86 but would consistently crash in games until I turned XMP off, and the bluescreens were MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bugcheck code.

Update: My latest word from Asus support on my ticket is that they are aware of this issue and hope to fix it in the next BIOS update.

ls612 wrote:
For me the system was working well in 1304 which is what bios I was at before updating. I have the CMK64GX5M2B5200C40 which is the same kit as the others but 64GB and it had been stable at the XMP speeds for six months since I built the system. After updating it passed memtest86 but would consistently crash in games until I turned XMP off, and the bluescreens were MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bugcheck code.

Update: My latest word from Asus support on my ticket is that they are aware of this issue and hope to fix it in the next BIOS update.

Good day. Did they provide you with a timeframe on when the update will be released? Thanks for the information

ahfoo wrote:

I have the BIOS 2004. Apparently, that may be the underlining issue.

ahfoo wrote:
Did you try your ram with just one stick and see if the system can set to XMP.

Good day! No, I have not. I have tried multiple methods. None of them worked. After reading the responses below it seems like a BIOS issue. Everything runs fine when XMP is deactivated. Thanks for your resposne.