I use an Xbox Elite Series 2 via the Xbox One Wireless Adapter (because bluetooth on this controller has latency issues), but ever since building this computer it seems to disconnect momentarily from time to time. When it does the controller shuts off. I've tried A LOT of things to fix this and so far nothing has worked, hence why I'm here.
What I've tried:
- Preventing Windows from turning off power to the Xbox One Adapter/USB ports/Root hubs.
- Changing Wifi 6e channel my router is using (this was enabled and didn't cause issues on my previous build that this PC replaced)
- Disabling Wifi and bluetooth in Device Manager
- Tried different USB ports, as well as another Xbox One Wireless Adapter.
- Updating everything I could find (bios, bluetooth, all drivers both on the support page and any newer ones here on the forum, controller FW). I did just update the ME and BIOs today with the most recent updates from just a few days ago, so there's a non-zero chance its fixed. Update: The issue persists.
If anyone has any suggestions or places to check for errors, please let me know. If the updates today don't resolve it, I'm at a loss. I build functionally the same computer (he has a 3080ti, mine is a 4090) for my partner, who uses the same controller and adapter and hasn't had issues, but did state his wireless headset has disconnected a couple times on him recently as well.