cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When we we see a decent bios update so that ddr5 runs in XMP ?

Undertoker
Level 9
All I’ve experienced with a hero and an extreme z690 board thus far is annoyance and aggro
When will Asus release a bios that actually confirms to its advertised qvl listing ?*
You guys really need to get your act together frankly , it’s damaging your brand *
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard
45 REPLIES 45

This is depressing news. I just bought the Asus Z690 Hero board and 32Ghz. (2x16) 5600 DDR5 DIMM`s, three days ago. The memory I bought is an exact match on Asus` QVL list. I hope I do not have problems with posting and XMP when I build this new system.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Overclocking is never guaranteed, DDR5 is no different. Speeds above 6000MT may require manual tuning on some CPU (most often with VCCSA and Memory Controller VDD)

6400 working on the Apex @ XMP

6200 on the Extreme (@ 1T)

+1.

I haven't had any issues running DDR5 in XMP on my systems.

Running 1302 currently on Apex.

Running 1403 currently on Z690-I.

I have tested several DR 2X32 modules in both systems with no issues running XMP, or manual settings up to 6000MHz.

Personally I do not think it's a BIOS issue if your system will not run memory XMP profiles.

Your CPU will be the determining factor, having a solid IMC is needed for plug & play running DDR5 XMP profiles stable on Z690 systems.

Those with a feeble CPU IMC can overcome XMP instability issues by simply lowering memory speed, or adjusting voltages.

Unfortunately a motherboard BIOS update will not fix a weak CPU IMC.

Braegnok wrote:
+1.

I haven't had any issues running DDR5 in XMP on my systems.

Running 1302 currently on Apex.

Running 1403 currently on Z690-I.

I have tested several DR 2X32 modules in both systems with no issues running XMP, or manual settings up to 6000MHz.

Personally I do not think it's a BIOS issue if your system will not run memory XMP profiles.

Your CPU will be the determining factor, having a solid IMC is needed for plug & play running DDR5 XMP profiles stable on Z690 systems.

Those with a feeble CPU IMC can overcome XMP instability issues by simply lowering memory speed, or adjusting voltages.

Unfortunately a motherboard BIOS update will not fix a weak CPU IMC.

hmm, can we rma the cpu if this happen?

AwenMilano wrote:
hmm, can we rma the cpu if this happen?

Somehow I sincerely doubt that. It would be great if they did but I sincerely doubt it.

I suspect the problem I'm having is less likely a CPU hang and more likely a motherboard or possibly a power supply failure. This morning it was hung again, but the curious thing was when I opened the case to check the LEDs this time, none were lit, and none of the fans in the case were running. (I have Windows configured never to put the system to sleep.) The power LED was still lit.

Holding the power button to turn the system off was again successful, and the machine immediately rebooted as expected.

I think I may order a different motherboard to try at this point. At the very least, the CPU fans should have been running.

spatula75 wrote:
I suspect the problem I'm having is less likely a CPU hang and more likely a motherboard or possibly a power supply failure. This morning it was hung again, but the curious thing was when I opened the case to check the LEDs this time, none were lit, and none of the fans in the case were running. (I have Windows configured never to put the system to sleep.) The power LED was still lit.

Holding the power button to turn the system off was again successful, and the machine immediately rebooted as expected.

I think I may order a different motherboard to try at this point. At the very least, the CPU fans should have been running.

Hmm, this is interesting. Different from my situation once again. When my machine would freeze, I'm fairly certain it was still delivering power. USB ports did not stop delivering power to my charging phone for instance. I don't have any LEDs aside from the ones on the board (yes I know, sacrilege!) but the board LED was still active. All fans were also still active. I did however test with 2 PSUs, and older and a brand new one, with identical results. I'm fairly certain in my case that it's not the PSU. If you have a spare one, have you tested swapping to a different PSU?

Did you attempt to run with C-states disabled? Did it alleviate the freezing problem?

Z690 Hero here

I built the system with 2x 6000mhz Samsung kit, this kit is famous for instability swapped it to a 6400 Hynix but the instability still presented I know its memory errors cuase I get errors on memtest even at XMP wich is just bad QC of whoever involved, I even upped the IMC voltage, played with SA voltage and ofv VDD and VDDQ but never going abiove 1.5v

I finally got it stable by raising Tcas from 32 to 36, Trcd and Trp to 40. I dont play competitive and I play 4k so the brunth of the work is always on GPU but Iam very sad that I cant even run memory as spec and this would be okish on a 200e board but not on a 600e one.

Iam very happy with the 12900k but the platform is a DUD, DDR5 was rushed by mobo manufacturers

akgis_ wrote:
Z690 Hero here

I built the system with 2x 6000mhz Samsung kit, this kit is famous for instability swapped it to a 6400 Hynix but the instability still presented I know its memory errors cuase I get errors on memtest even at XMP wich is just bad QC of whoever involved, I even upped the IMC voltage, played with SA voltage and ofv VDD and VDDQ but never going abiove 1.5v

I finally got it stable by raising Tcas from 32 to 36, Trcd and Trp to 40. I dont play competitive and I play 4k so the brunth of the work is always on GPU but Iam very sad that I cant even run memory as spec and this would be okish on a 200e board but not on a 600e one.

Iam very happy with the 12900k but the platform is a DUD, DDR5 was rushed by mobo manufacturers

hi there, i use z690 hero too,, is this happen too all z690 hero user?
because i already asking people who review klevv 6000 ram with z690 hero at youtube.
he say just turn the xmp and it will work, no need tunning any voltage.
coz of that make me thinking, something wrong with my mobo or cpu.
klevv ram event not at asus qvl, and we use g.skill it was on asus qvl list

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
This is depressing news. I just bought the Asus Z690 Hero board and 32Ghz. (2x16) 5600 DIMM`s, three days ago. The memory I bought is an exact match on Asus` QVL list. I hope I do not have problems with posting and XMP when I build this new system.

trihy
Level 9
Freezes at idle are rarely related to ram.

There is a problem with Asus bios applying too low voltage to cpu at idle.

Just use hwinfo and you will see cpu vcore voltage dropping to 0.300v from time to time. This is way out of specs and gives random freeze.

Using voltage offset, doesn't matter if + or -, will give more frequent random freeze.