cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When we we see a decent bios update so that ddr5 runs in XMP ?

Undertoker
Level 9
All I’ve experienced with a hero and an extreme z690 board thus far is annoyance and aggro
When will Asus release a bios that actually confirms to its advertised qvl listing ?*
You guys really need to get your act together frankly , it’s damaging your brand *
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard
45 REPLIES 45

trihy wrote:
Still nothing about this.

If you get crazy low cpu voltages, better RMA the board, so they learn the hard way.

I am, in fact, RMA-ing my board, not just because of the stupidly low voltages, but also because it decides to power itself off every 3 days.

This other board that I bought is doing much better... one week of uptime so far, no low voltages, not a single glitch of any kind. Previously I couldn't keep the system going more than a few days after it started to randomly fail. I think the Z690-G was/is just a dud.

trihy
Level 9
Well, extreme low voltages probably wont cause damage to the cpu, but can cause damage to vrm. So expect many boards to start failing.

Great to see you solved this just by changing board brand.

trihy wrote:
Well, extreme low voltages probably wont cause damage to the cpu, but can cause damage to vrm. So expect many boards to start failing.

Great to see you solved this just by changing board brand.

It's kind of a bummer, because I'm out 400 bucks, but I also feel like I burned at least that much money in the amount of time I spent chasing after a problem that ultimately turned out to be board failure. So at this point I'm cutting my losses.

The other thing that I always found concerning about the board is just how hot it always ran the PCH, something a lot of folks have also noticed. It's hard to imagine that being good for it.

I really wanted to like the board and to keep using it, and I certainly tried, very hard, to resolve it... and just couldn't.

spatula75 wrote:
It's kind of a bummer, because I'm out 400 bucks, but I also feel like I burned at least that much money in the amount of time I spent chasing after a problem that ultimately turned out to be board failure. So at this point I'm cutting my losses.

The other thing that I always found concerning about the board is just how hot it always ran the PCH, something a lot of folks have also noticed. It's hard to imagine that being good for it.

I really wanted to like the board and to keep using it, and I certainly tried, very hard, to resolve it... and just couldn't.

Ahh so it was a problem with the board after all. Ok I was curious since your voltages were so completely different from mine. REALLY ridiculously low. Good to know, though I wish you didn't have to deal with the RMA process. No one likes to go through all the nonsense of looking for a solution only to find out it was a hardware problem.

trihy
Level 9
It´s a pain to rma on some countries. But, even when you get no freezes, these boards are faulty. CPU has a lot of ways to prevent crashes when voltage drops. But mb doesnt help at all. Still we dont know if it´s bios related or hardware related.

In my case, doing RMA, the best I could get is another mb, probably a used one. No way to get money back.

trihy wrote:
It´s a pain to rma on some countries. But, even when you get no freezes, these boards are faulty. CPU has a lot of ways to prevent crashes when voltage drops. But mb doesnt help at all. Still we dont know if it´s bios related or hardware related.

In my case, doing RMA, the best I could get is another mb, probably a used one. No way to get money back.

Yeah unfortunately, there won't be any getting my money back for this board even with an RMA. At best, I'll get another board, which may still have the same problem just waiting to happen again- no way to know for sure. I'm not even sure what I'll do with it when I get it... maybe see if anyone I know needs a Z690 board and give it away, I guess. I'm afraid if I try to sell it on eBay or something, it'll fail for the person who buys it, and then they'll be enraged at me.