cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What thermal paste came prepackaged with the Z690 Maximus Extreme Glacial?

zone
Level 7
The tube indicates it's from Thermal Grizzly, but that leaves a lot of options.... Hydronaut? Kryonaut? Kryonaut Extreme?

I have a giant tube of KPx and a fresh tube of Kryonaut Extreme, and I'm even considering liquid metal, but interested in what this is before I push it off to the side.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

managerman
Level 9
zone wrote:
The tube indicates it's from Thermal Grizzly, but that leaves a lot of options.... Hydronaut? Kryonaut? Kryonaut Extreme?

I have a giant tube of KPx and a fresh tube of Kryonaut Extreme, and I'm even considering liquid metal, but interested in what this is before I push it off to the side.

Thanks in advance

I believe it is Kryonaut (normal). Not 100% sure so I just used my new tube of Kryonaut to be sure what I was using...

-M

zone
Level 7
Thanks! Watching Atila assemble the block it looked like Kryonaut but like you i'd prefer to be certain what I'm using.

Mangonz
Level 9
I forgot it came with thermal paste and used some Noctua NT-H2. Now I can't find the tube of Thermal Grizzly that came with it the board but I do remember it being there.

I'm tidying up my bench tomorrow so will see if I can find the tube again. CPU portion of the block is the only part that uses paste though, everything else is EK thermal pads.

Mangonz
Level 9
Sorry, seems I have put it somewhere safe. Can't find it 😞

No worries man, i have mine right here. It's tiny and it says Thermal Grizzly on it, nothing else. I imagine it's Kryonaut, but would've been nice to know for sure with a label.