cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Instability with MCE enabled and prime95 small FFTs

Vynra
Level 11

hey, so just was doing some testing and i found that worker #6 always has 2 fatal errors and stops the test when running with MCE Auto/Enabled. all the rest of the workers do not have errors at all. the error goes away and passes if MCE is disabled. my question is should i be worried? this only happens during small ffts and passes the blend test.

3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi,
I'd be more worried about running Prime with small fft than the instability itself.  Either CPU / or memory overclocking related, either way. Small fft is going to pull quite a bit of current so you'd need to check if the CPU is thermal throttling.

I wouldn't be too concerned, only perhaps test stability using the machine for more its general use than a power virus such as Prime (OCCT, AIDA64, etc). Ensure any applied memory overclock is stable, too.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

yeah i checked occt for cpu errors and also memory errors but got no errors whether MCE is enabled or disabled. its only small ffts during prime 95 and obviously i do thermal throttle but thats normal right? or is that why im failing the test? can you not throttle during it?

Will be a lot harder to cool. Check the CPU package power in a tool such as XTU or HWINFO. I would recommend staying away from running it at all. It’s not indicative of a scenario you will encounter in daily workloads.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090