cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W11 22H2 reliable on Z790 Hero + 13900k?

Dread13
Level 9
Hello guys,

Just got the confirmation I'm finally able to update to that OS version. I'm asking because I've seen many users with a z790 board, specifically in this forum, to have issues with this OS version. Have those issues been solved?
6 REPLIES 6

ahfoo
Level 13
No particular issue which Z790 sharing some common controller driver like Z690. In my case I move up from Z690 to Z790 without any issue except I need a new Windows key to activate. Hope it help.

sl910
Level 7
Yes. A must have !

Regards

Not sure if it's OS related, or Asus didn't yet optimize that feature, but apps (chromium, electron) are crashing if you use AI OC from asus. If I had time to reinstall everything, I would try Win 10 to see if it fixes anything. Other than that, if you don't plan to use AI OC feature, I think it's safe to go for it.

Smexhy wrote:
Not sure if it's OS related, or Asus didn't yet optimize that feature, but apps (chromium, electron) are crashing if you use AI OC from asus. If I had time to reinstall everything, I would try Win 10 to see if it fixes anything. Other than that, if you don't plan to use AI OC feature, I think it's safe to go for it.

Well that would explain what I've been seeing. I also had to disable multicore enhancement because it was hitting 100C and thottling in every other mode.

Maybe Santa will give us a new bios soon. 😛

Dread13
Level 9
Thanks for the info guys 🙂 Will probably update during the weekend 🙂

I moved to 11 from 10 not long ago, it's better than I expected but not without some issues. Problem for me is I'm not sure which problems are OS related or new hardware driver related. Moving to a new OS along with brand new hardware is not the greatest idea ever. lol.

I think there were some stuttering issues in some games according to some, but I'm not seeing any. They all run like butter, but I haven't tried steamVR yet, which was a problem area for some.

The OS itself is nice IMO. They actually made some things nicer looking, which hardcore nerds may not appreciate, but I do as long as it doesn't impede things. 😉

One weird example: Video craps out if you fullscreen windows media player(new one), and on sites like youtube going fullscreen makes a small gap around left + top sides showing wallpaper under it. It goes away after you toggle it once though. I saw this one on a diff computer running 11 too, so it's not just me. Might be firefox though.

I think you have like 10 days where you can revert the upgrade too, if you don't want it.