cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS - DDR5 Stability

LoVe
Level 7
Hello all,

i have here shared my set-up https://valid.x86.fr/xqy5xy, now after bios update to the last verision im facing a lot of problems on stability of my ram, also 4800 are impossible to use seems right now.
Any suggest? With the previous bios i was stable on XMP1 with 1.25 V, now also using more voltage still unstable

Any idea? Thank you all
9 REPLIES 9

kaedex
Level 7
I have the DDR4 version of that motherboard and same problem happened after updating to the 2001 and 2013 bios, my 4400mhz was working fine, not anymore and can't rollback.

Asus just couldn't care less it seems... send support an email, hopefully a bot won't reply.

kaedex wrote:
I have the DDR4 version of that motherboard and same problem happened after updating to the 2001 and 2013 bios, my 4400mhz was working fine, not anymore and can't rollback.

Asus just couldn't care less it seems... send support an email, hopefully a bot won't reply.

hi, well i have already asked and they just say, that mobo didn't support my ram cause are not in the list... i really can't undestand how quad channel are available for this enviroment but ARE NOT SUPPORTED, they are just joking with end users i guess

LoVe
Level 7
any support guys? ty much

I've heard very little bad news about BIOS 2103 generally. Are you using 4 sticks of RAM by any chance?
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

Looks like you are using 4x 8GB. I don't have a good answer for you, but the majority of RAM problems seem to be with 4 sticks. Rather than start pulling sticks and swapping them about at this stage (or pushing the voltage too high), I would be tempted to wait for the next BIOS update. Fingers crossed. Must be frustrating. To be honest, running your memory at lower speed won't make a huge difference in overall performance, but I understand the frustration 😞 It is probably more likely to be the BIOS rather than a hardware fault, that's why I suggest waiting a bit longer before doing too much. There are plenty of people on here that have solved RAM issues and know more about that than me, so hopefully you will get a helpful suggestion soon.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

ahfoo
Level 13
As long your 4 stick of ram come with a single package (quad pair). 2 different set of ram even with the same model and spec will be very uncertain in performance and stability.

LoVe
Level 7
Hello, i have updated the bios with the last version :

https://www.asus.com/it/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-z690-plus/helpdes...

2204 but still difficult to find a stability with XMP1 or XMP2, any of you guys try to find a solution?

Also i have found this video to that helps me a lot, but seems not valid anymore unfortunatly

https://youtu.be/1KZFeE-o3jo

LoVe
Level 7
Hi all, any idea to fix this?

I can't run xmp (g.skill trident z 6000 MHZ) without xmp I don't have problems(4800MHZ)
motherboard asus tuf z690 plus wifi