cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This needs to be addressed

TL_Gamer
Level 8
This is both me pointing out a problem ASUS themselves has created, as well as asking for the instruction on how to do this:
Due to the extreme nature of what's involved in this problem, in order to avoid any kind of misunderstanding or other common aspects that always arise on a forum because of a topic such as this, I literally have to provide an actual video showing what's happening.

NOTE: (This video is unlisted and only meant for this thread. after I get an answer I will be editing this thread to remove the video)

15 REPLIES 15

Murph_9000
Level 14
Have you tried using the AI Overclocking from "load optimised defaults", before making other changes in BIOS config? I'm just guessing there might be some sort of conflict with a setting in Advanced that's inhibiting the tuner in EZ mode.

It would probably help if you specified the model of the motherboard. I think that's a TUF logo in the background, and I'm guessing probably a 700 series, so the following may help:

PRIME PROART TUF GAMING INTEL 700 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition )

N.B. in section 2.4 on page 14, for the AI OC Guide, it says "This function is only available on selected models." I.e. not all boards have the guide built into the BIOS.

Murph_9000 wrote:
Have you tried using the AI Overclocking from "load optimised defaults", before making other changes in BIOS config? I'm just guessing there might be some sort of conflict with a setting in Advanced that's inhibiting the tuner in EZ mode.

Why would anyone know enough to do that, if that is something that has to be done then ASUS needs to say so in their videos. Furthermore even if that was done, the same situation I point out as a problem STILL exists, there is still no how to use video.

Murph_9000 wrote:
It would probably help if you specified the model of the motherboard. I think that's a TUF logo in the background, and I'm guessing probably a 700 series, so the following may help:

You're totally missing the point which is ASUS'S total lack of basic instruction. ASUS absolutely can explain how to use it's AIOC feature in their videos, and they can also 100% say what boards it applies to me putting what my motherboard is, isn't going to matter because ASUS still needs to make a video explaining how to use their own features.

Murph_9000 wrote:
PRIME PROART TUF GAMING INTEL 700 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition )

I'm not trying to be rude or mean when I say this but that part of your reply is totally ignorant or you're just trolling me, despite what I said starting at 2:24, onward, you totally disregarded what I said. I suggest you go back, watch the video and pay real close attention what I said at 2:24, take a look at this part of your reply and realize what you did.

Murph_9000 wrote:
N.B. in section 2.4 on page 14, for the AI OC Guide, it says "This function is only available on selected models." I.e. not all boards have the guide built into the BIOS.

It doesn't matter whatever that link has for information, the issue I very explicitly pointed out is about ASUS not saying that info in any one of their videos about the AI OC feature. People need to stop linking manuals and start paying attention to the actual complaint.

Murph_9000
Level 14
I'm not going to rewatch the video. If you're unwilling to provide even basic system specs like the motherboard model, there's nothing I'm willing to spend time on.

Murph_9000 wrote:
I'm not going to rewatch the video. If you're unwilling to provide even basic system specs like the motherboard model, there's nothing I'm willing to spend time on.

It's blatantly obvious that you haven't even really watched the video because the issue I'm talking about in the video is ASUS not explaining how to use one of their own features.

So unless you can explain to me what my system specs has anything to do with the issues I am pointing out, then you have no business even replying to me about any of this.

You're the one who came into this thread, which means you are going to listen to me and do what I ask. You don't get to ignore what I said, then when I tell you to pay attention, act like you're not going to help because I'm not doing what you want. That isn't how this works.

What I have for a system and it's spec HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ASUS has videos talking about the AI Overclocking Feature they created, and never explaining how to use it.

You cannot even rationalize your irrational ranting.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I think JJ did one some time now and a friend. but i know is not the point.

But i get the point that the board bios is missing the tab for AI instructions.

That is the tuf z690-plus wifi D4 correct with a 13th gen?

It will be good if i put the link of it?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

So I'm clear that you do not have access to the guide in your BIOS for some reason. Probably specific to your motherboard and/or BIOS and yes, it would be helpful to post your specs for that reason. On my BIOS, I only have two options which are 'normal' and 'AI overclock'. You have three options - normal/fast/extreme. So clearly your BIOS is not the same as most regarding this feature. If you want to know why there is no guide in your BIOS, you'll have to ask Asus directly.

I'm not sure why you think that people here would not believe you and that you need to provide a video to prove it, but fair enough, the video is helpful. I'm also not sure if you actually want advice (you say you do) or if you just want to make a point, because your responses to Murph seemed quite aggressive to me and there is rarely any need to be like that. It's always good to be nice. That being said....

All you have to do is turn the feature on, save changes (yes I know it doesn't say changes have been made, my machine is the same) and reboot. It's that simple if you just want the feature to manage the overclock for you. Mine works perfectly and boosts most of my P-Core clocks from 5,000 to 5,400MHz and everything is completely stable. Your results may vary depending on your CPU and cooler efficiency. Suggest you try 'fast' first and if that's stable, then you can try extreme. If not stable in either case, just reset the BIOS and make sure the feature is turned back off.

Bear in mind that your CPU will run hotter and consume more power when overclocked (up from an average of 20W to maybe an average of 40W for me in normal Windows use). In games, keep an eye on temperature. I can attach screenshots of the guide available in my BIOS if you want?
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

All you have to do is turn the feature on, save changes (yes I know it doesn't say changes have been made, my machine is the same) and reboot. It's that simple

I'm making a video addressing this because none of you are getting it

TL Gamer wrote:
FFS

It's very simple
Whether or not I have a guide or can use the AI Overclocking feature IS NOT RELEVANT. The only reason I brought up the guide not being there is so some clown on this forum couldn't say I was trolling or lying. If the guide isn't on every BIOS then asus needs to say that in their videos.
That was the point I was making

ASUS Created a feature THEY DID NOT EXPLAIN HOW TO USE and they should have in their videos.

When I go into the BIOS and click the AI OCing and it changes from normal to Fast tuning, ASUS did not explain anything about it past that point so someone is stuck with a change that doesn't do anything.

ASUS needs to cut the crap and show after you change the AI OCing from normal to fast or extreme what has to be done next

Hi,

I think you must be relatively new to BIOS/UEFI world. I pressed my first F2/del at boot screen / startup around 1987. The kind of detailed documentation you seem to expect, has never been given to, or expected by, most users on BIOS settings. Asus is easily one of the best for documented BIOS information. Most users stay out of the bios for the most part unless they have to go in there. By most users I mean computer users. People that buy computers. If you get into the BIOS tweaking game you accept the responsibility for changes. Period. If you don't understand it then best to leave it be. Or, you can always get the information using google, or if you find a community of similar minded people.

Now that I've very clearly explained this, I'm not going to reply to any more of this clown show people have turned this topic into.

ASUS or someone needs to make a video explaining what I have pointed out now for the 3rd time.

Unless the reply is a how to, then there is nothing further to reply to in here or discuss