cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This just keeps getting more and more ridiculous

TL_Gamer
Level 8
ASUS didn't bother explaining how to use the Save Profile option in the BIOS. Also XMP keep reverting back to default regardless if save and exit is used after enabling it.

5 REPLIES 5

ATrueNewbie
Level 9
Yea it's a bit unintuitive. On my Z390 Hero, you have to type in the profile number that you want to save to then hit enter. A Save button next to that field would be a bit more direct and user friendly.*

ATrueNewbie wrote:
Yea it's a bit unintuitive. On my Z390 Hero, you have to type in the profile number that you want to save to then hit enter. A Save button next to that field would be a bit more direct and user friendly.*

Even though you and I aren't using the same motherboard as per your reply. I went ahead and tried what you said, and it worked.

This also allows me to know that ENTER can be a functional key on other things in the BIOS. So I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you very much for that missing piece of information and for giving me a straight piece of information without all the usual nonsense people on forums do.

Definitely dude! I feel your pain, most of the time when I have an issue and I come to this forum I end up reiterating what I already said in my original post so many times that I lose every ounce of patience that I have, as apparently people refuse to read the entire post to acknowledge what is going on but instead they see couple of keywords and they start dumping irrelevant solutions. I'm glad I could actually help you in one sentence and not waste neither your time or mine.

Cheers

IT_Troll
Level 10
Also worth noting that saved profiles get wiped if you upgrade the BIOS. Which is also counter intuitive.
You can however save/export a profile to USB.

Shinchan0125
Level 10

Not sure if you are new to Asus Motherboard.  I had been saving Profile to USB since Z370.  It has almost become a standard practice for me.  Especially when Update BIOS.  It will wipe out everything. 

I do agree with you, they should put a description and how to in the BIOS download page.  Warning you to save your profile prior to update.