cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System agent 24/7 safe voltage on z690 a Gaming d4

Azzazzell0
Level 7
Hello. So the question is in the topic - what system agent voltage can i consider to be safe for 24/7 usage? I read that for previous Intels 1.35 was safe, but is it the same for alder lake cpus or maybe its higher or lower? My cpu is 12700kf and memory 32gb 4*8 G.Skill 3200-14c-gtr (b-die)
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Azzazzell0 wrote:
Hello. So the question is in the topic - what system agent voltage can i consider to be safe for 24/7 usage? I read that for previous Intels 1.35 was safe, but is it the same for alder lake cpus or maybe its higher or lower? My cpu is 12700kf and memory 32gb 4*8 G.Skill 3200-14c-gtr (b-die)

Hello, stick to 1.35 and below if possible. As with previous iterations, VCCSA is sensitive to excessive voltage so tune methodically.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello, stick to 1.35 and below if possible. As with previous iterations, VCCSA is sensitive to excessive voltage so tune methodically.

How sure are you about this? Can you get some of the engineers to double check on that? (Apologies if you are one)

Some motherboards with VCCSA/VCCIO on 'Auto', for Rocket Lake and Alder Lake, shoot them up into the 1.4x range when high frequencies are set. I'm not sure if it was Asus boards, but I know Asrock and maybe MSI do this? Can anyone else chime in with what their board does on 'Auto'?

Raad11 wrote:
How sure are you about this? Can you get some of the engineers to double check on that? (Apologies if you are one)

Some motherboards with VCCSA/VCCIO on 'Auto', for Rocket Lake and Alder Lake, shoot them up into the 1.4x range when high frequencies are set. I'm not sure if it was Asus boards, but I know Asrock and maybe MSI do this? Can anyone else chime in with what their board does on 'Auto'?

You may want to watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK5Md-90XHQ

Azzazzell0
Level 7
Thank You very much for the answer