cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI - noisy sound

WindOfRage
Level 7

Hi,

Plugged in the 3.5 at the back of the pc. Sound is noisy through everything i connect through that port. Even after updating the Firmware to Audio ALC4080/ALC4082 FW  with the update tool on the support page (released on 26-12-2022). Front port is working perfect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I plugged in a speaker. I fixed it by changing the Amplify Level in Realtek Audio Control from extreme to performance. It was auto set to extreme. I didnt restart yet, so i dont know if the setting will be saved or that i have to change it every time. But atleast i know what the issue was en how to fix it. Thanks for your respons anyway.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andyw1228
Level 7

As far as I know, it has impedance detection. Maybe you have to select a profile or change an option in the drivers menu? Did you install the whole software suite with DTS and Dolby? The ALC 4080 is among the best chips available though. What did you plug in a headphone jack or line out ?

I plugged in a speaker. I fixed it by changing the Amplify Level in Realtek Audio Control from extreme to performance. It was auto set to extreme. I didnt restart yet, so i dont know if the setting will be saved or that i have to change it every time. But atleast i know what the issue was en how to fix it. Thanks for your respons anyway.

I have the same problem, and yes i change it to quality over extrem but still its not perfect sound. I have a good bose speakers and 2 pc also and i tested on older pcs its sounds perfect. And yes front jack is working perfect... No idea what is the reason or just to get used to it 😄 I wanted to order a separate sound card... but it sounds like stupid solution....