cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Z790-A D4 SN850x not running at full speed

dberryco
Level 7
I just built a new PC and am not getting the rated speed from my m.2 slots. 7000 MB/s vs rated 7300 MB/s. I know it's trivial. I'm wondering if I missed some setting in BIOS somewhere.
2 REPLIES 2

pdpmarksman
Level 7
I'm facing the same issue except I'm getting capped around 6,900 MB/s. Agree that it's trivial, but for the price of the board I would expect it to be free from issues like this. I tested my SN850X on a different board and it got full 7,300 MB/s speed so I know its not an SSD problem.

Shinchan0125
Level 10
Not hijack the thread.. but my Samsung 990Pro on Maximus Hero is also not not getting full speed. 70xx read.. and Write is around 6700. Not getting to full advertise speed. Also is seems to be very touchy. I am still playing around with my bios setting. Trying to get optimize clock on my 13900K. I notice i contantly changing bios setting.. the write speed sometimes dips to 5xxx. lost of 2000mb is common..

Today, i notice when i reset the bios and reapply setting using OC profile i saved.. it seems to got the write speed back... Cant really understand changing Memory clock.. and experimental with TVB would cause the read and write of 990 Pro to dip. It should have been non related.

😛 PS... my 990Pro and 980pro does not have samsung firmware issue on drive health,