cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi - Audio delay of 2-3 seconds with BIOS 2004

tony_goodhew
Level 7
Hi All,

I have a Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi with a Creative Labs AE-5 Plus and I'm suffering an audio delay that makes watching videos pointless.

The AE-5 is connected to a Samsung S60B sound bar via SPDIF optical - I gave up on the Realtek audio for exactly this reason.

Prior to upgrading to version 2004, the setup worked fine but now it also shows an audio delay. Connecting to the S60B via Bluetooth works correctly with no audio delay. Yes, I know that I can just use BT but at some point, I'm looking to move to a 5.1 or a better system that should use the SPDIF output.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to address this? I've tried a complete reinstall, reloading BIOS defaults, etc, and can't find anything that works.

OS is Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

Thanks,

TonyG
4 REPLIES 4

tony_goodhew
Level 7
This is what I hate about Windows (and I worked in the Windows division for 8 years) - This morning I blew everything away, reloaded BIOS defaults, enabled the settings I needed and started the Windows reinstall process using, as far as I can remember, the exact same process (Windows Update, always reboot, etc).

Now the audio delay has gone away. Did a driver get updated overnight? Did Windows just stop being difficult? Who knows.

Anyway, the machine is all good now.

TonyG

tony_goodhew@hotmail.com wrote:
Windows reinstall ...

That's why restore points exist. They saved me so many times.

Nate152
Hi tony,

I have the ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming Wifi motherboard but instead of using the Realtek audio driver, I'm using the ROG Delta S Animate headset over usb with Armoury Crate.

All is working well here too, good to hear your audio delay issue is solved.

tony_goodhew
Level 7
Thanks - Appreciate it - I moved to the AE-5 because I was just done with the crappy Realtek driver experience - Get great sound from it through the S60B.

TonyG