cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Gaming A Z690 USB 3 Port issues since day 1

Adrian1983
Level 11

I should have sent this board back from day 1, I have no idea what the hell is up with it and the USB ports, I cannot populate all 4 intel blue USB ports on the back of this board, Every single time I connect a 4th item my Logitech keyboard disconnects and will not respond until I remove the 4th item.

I cannot believe this still has not been fixed with a bios since day 1 release of this board, Maybe it's a hardware flaw and cannot be fixed and either Intel or Asus is not telling us who knows all I know I have never had an issue populating onboard USB ports no matter what device is connected.

For reference in 3 of the blue USB I have a Logitech G915 Keyboard a Logitech G703 Mouse and a Cannon printer which isn't even switched on and so it should not even be affecting 2 of the 4 ports nevermind 3 of 3.

Never had more USB issues with a modern system than 10 yr old PC's that I have these issues with.

it's almost like the 4 ports are underpowered by the board and why my keyboard disconnects when they are populated.

2 REPLIES 2

JohnAb
Level 17

I've had a faulty USB cable in the past that was causing freezes, crashes, blue screens, apparently randomly. Maybe you have something similar going on? (or a faulty device if not the cable).

I'm just suggesting that you try and eliminate a faulty device. It's possible. But of course, yeah, could also be the motherboard or even Windows. You could also try booting to a live USB based OS and see if you still get the issues as well. 

Forget to say, if your ports are the problem and you are stuck with the motherboard, then a powered USB hub might provide a working solution. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

Yeah I have had this issue since day 1 with this board, I don't know if there is some sort of compatibility issue with the 4 devices I have connected but I had these 4 devices on my Z390 setup and didn't have this issue it's why I was leaning towards a motherboard issue, It is a weird issue that I have never seen before, and for some reason it's always the Logitech Keyboard that suffers with the disconnections and it not respoonding, Maybe it's an issue of both I have no idea.

I may have to go that route or try one of the Asmedia red USB 3.3 ports I think they are.