cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Gaming A and Intel Network Adapter I225-V Speed loss issues

Adrian1983
Level 11
Since having this board I am noticing an annoying issue with the Intel Network adapter on this board keeps randomly dropping my 350 Mbit connection to like less than 100 Mbit speeds ie Normally get around 370 on speed test.net and when it plays up it drops to the 70-80's for download speed.

Now the simplest procedure fixes it by just disabling the adapter in device manager and re enabling and back to full speed again.

Why is it doing this? Is it an adapter setting in the adapter config, I have tried different drivers and it is still doing the same thing.
5 REPLIES 5

dannyvdm
Level 7
Adrian1983 wrote:
Since having this board I am noticing an annoying issue with the Intel Network adapter on this board keeps randomly dropping my 350 Mbit connection to like less than 100 Mbit speeds ie Normally get around 370 on speed test.net and when it plays up it drops to the 70-80's for download speed.

Now the simplest procedure fixes it by just disabling the adapter in device manager and re enabling and back to full speed again.

Why is it doing this? Is it an adapter setting in the adapter config, I have tried different drivers and it is still doing the same thing.
wich firmware you use?
i had same problems

dannyvdm wrote:
wich firmware you use?
i had same problems

Hi I am not sure how to check the firmware it is the stock one that came with the board. The driver is 2.0.1.3 I have tried a few drivers now all with the same result I keep losing speed and it goes to 100mbit connection instead of 1gbs that it should be, If I disable the adapter and re enable it goes back to 1gbs and my full download speed again.

Apparently this is Rev 3 and this has been happening to this adapter since the first revision and Asus continue to use it,

I may have to send this board back if this is not fixable soon otherwise I am going to be stuck with a nic that just doesn't work and is ridded with these issues.

Adrian1983
Level 11
This is all I have in the info, It is Revision 3 but I didn't know there was a firmware available however this adapter apparently has had issues for all the 3 revisions of it's release.91148

1.0.2.14 downloaden... kan je vinden op deze website en die proberen...gebruik ik ook !

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119120-INDEX-All-My-Firmware-Drivers-Software-Threads

dannyvdm wrote:
1.0.2.14 downloaden... kan je vinden op deze website en die proberen...gebruik ik ook !

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119120-INDEX-All-My-Firmware-Drivers-Software-Threads

Thank you I will try this one for a while and see how it is.