Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix Z790-A Gaming Wifi MOBO Won't Post With XMP Enabled

DeLaRooj
Level 7

MOBO: Rog Strix Z790-A Gaming Wifi

CPU: 13600 (Intel)

RAM: Dominator 16GB X2

I bought the ram a while back and I can't find the original purchase but it should run at either 5000 or 6000. Just updated the MOBO and CPU.

I have updated the BIOS, latest chipset, all MOBO drivers, GPU drivers, and fresh windows 11 install. Everything works until I enable XMP. Once I enable XMP the computer restarts. Motherboard indicator goes from red to yellow. This cycles about 4-6 times. Eventually the white light appears for less than 1 second and then yellow again. At this point it boots in safe mode and takes me back to the setup.

Anyone know how I can enable XMP and get the PC to actually boot? Appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3

gpetit
Level 8

I have the same issue, same motherboard.

In my case support replied that they did not support having 2x 2x RAM (I have 2x 2x32GB). They said I had to configure the RAM OC manually and could not rely on XMP in this case... but I could never achieve anything that worked.  Have you found a solution?

Hello,

That is correct, combining memory kits is not recommended. Are you able to achieve XMP with one kit?

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Yes, in my case I can achieve XMP with each kit separately, but not together even though they have the same brand / timing.