If the mainboard is cold (room temperature >21°C < approx. 30°C), i.e. after a longer standstill (power supply unit is permanently switched on), the WHEA logger throws warning messages with the ID.17 for the Intel for a certain time (R) PCI Express Root Port #2 - 7AB9 : A corrected hardware error has occurred.
PCI Slot 5 (PCI Bus 7, Device 0, Function 0)
- It only does this when the system is cool and longer if it's colder in the room.
- If the warm computer is switched off briefly (also in combination with a completely dead power supply unit), or if a reboot is only carried out, no warning messages appear.
- I have not connected any devices to the SATA bus in question.
- After that, the computer runs super stable, no freezes or blue screens, not even under full load and all possible simultaneous tests
Can anyone confirm this phenomenon?
Here my hardware:
- Board: Asus ROG-STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
- Processor: Intel I9 12900KS
- Cooling: Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE liquid CPU cooler with LCD display
- RAM: 64GB from 2 x G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB - DDR5 - Kit - 32GB: 2 x 16GB - DIMM 288-PIN - 6400 MHz / PC5-51200 - CL32 - non-ECC - (F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RS)
- Graphics Card ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 10GB V2 OC Version Gaming Graphics Card
- NVMe M2: 2 x Samsung 980 PRO 1TB PCIe 4.0 (up to 7,000MB/s) NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V8P1T0BW)
- Additional network card Asus PCE-C2500 2.5G network card (RJ45 port, IEEE 802.3an 2.5G Base-T)
- PSU: Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold fully modular 1000 watt ATX power supply
What have I already tried:
- Bios version 1720 and 1505 tested, makes no difference
- Made multiple CMOS resets.
- OC is always switched off, I always work with the default values from the bios.
- Windows 21H2 reinstalled with all updates.
- All driver updates installed
- Tried different start scenarios. Always with the same result.
- MEMtest86 runs without errors.
- All cable connections checked.
- Absolutely no problems with Samsung's NVMe M.2
- Waiting 5 Minuts in Bios before bootimg into Windows if the systrem is cold -> No Warnings
Here is the always the same error message:
Log Name: System
Date: 07/01/2022 12:56:29
Event ID: 17
User: Local Service
A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)
Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x1
Secondary bus:device:function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary device name: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7AB9&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_11
Secondary device name: