cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Z690-E POST and Win11 Boot Times - Fast Boot Not Working?

Jay_K
Level 8
I think I have something slowing down my startup times on my Rog Strix Z690-E, I was hoping you guys might help me figure out if my system's acting normally or something really is amiss. The only thing I can put it down to is that my RAM wasn't on the QVL (32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000), but I'd like to be sure that is a/the problem before I commit to replacing it.

When I startup, from the time I hit the power button it takes about 20 seconds to show the logo screen and another 10 to complete POST (to A0), and it's 7+ seconds from there before I see the first screen of Windows 11, with the task manager reporting BIOS time as at least 18 seconds each time. These times are typical, sometimes any given part can take considerably longer. I also find it strange that these times don't change, regardless of whether I enable fast boot or not, or whether I enable XMP 1 or 2 on my RAM.

Are these results typical of what other people are getting? Can anyone suggest what might be going on?

My system:
Asus Rog Strix Z690-E BIOS 1720
Intel i7-12700F (please note: times do not change whether XMP is enabled or not, so non-K wouldn't seem to be the problem)
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 CMK32GX5M2B6000C36
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC
All stock clocks

Edit 2: Setting the GPU PCI-E slot to Gen 4 doesn't make a difference. All power saving settings are disabled.

Thanks for reading, If I've forgotten anything please let me know.
0 REPLIES 0