cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4

matas17
Level 7
So today I ran into an issue where my pc randomly crashed while I was playing Escape from Tarkov. And after restarting it didnt detect my boot drive, I've tried different sata ports and got bottom 2 to work, while top 4 don't seem to detect my x2 samsung ssd's. Also it seems that none of my 4 m.2 ssd's are detected in windows 11 at all, I've tried enabling CSM but that caused me not to be able to boot into windows at all saying something along the lines of "windows cannot detect boot drive, etc" I have no idea what is going on but maybe some of you can be of some help.
1 REPLY 1

JohnAb
Level 17
It's possible that the crash corrupted Windows, hence the problems. I'm assuming that those missing drives are still visible in the BIOS? I can't really think of any other explanation right now, unless the crash itself was caused by a fault. I think the best course of action would be to double check for loose connections, leads, cables etc and then try reinstalling Windows from scratch. If you do that, don't forget to make sure that you have copied all of the files you might need, including documents, game saves, passwords saved in the browser, internet favourites etc. Some of those things are easily forgotten....

If none of the above helps, then under the circumstances I would suspect a motherboard fault. Might also be worth running some diagnostics in Windows to see if any faults can be detected that way - actually, might save a lot of work to try that first. I forgot to say, probably a good idea to reset the BIOS to defaults and see if that helps before you go to the trouble of reinstalling Windows. .
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.