cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 GPU White Light stays on start up????

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
Having this issue every time I start my rig??? My 3080 is fine I think, I have no issues with it.

The light goes away when I restart it?? It has been doing this more offen now.

Running BIOS 0901.

Anyone else having these issues??

Thanks in advance.

P.S
I have reseating the card, reinstalled Nvida drivers, still happens??
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro
7 REPLIES 7

Ennaron
Level 7
pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
Having this issue every time I start my rig??? My 3080 is fine I think, I have no issues with it.

Running BIOS 0901.

Thanks in advance.

P.S

Hello
I have the same problem as you and also after restarting the computer everything returns to normal. The graphics card works fine, I updated the bios, video card drivers, I connected the graphics card with PSU for 3 cables and the problem is still there. Do you or someone else have a solution?

ahfoo
Level 13
White LED indicate GPU error. Try unplug power cord connected to PSU and remove GPU from system for a while. insert back yout GPu to system and plug the power cord back into PSU. Boot and see if the problems go away.

ahfoo wrote:
White LED indicate GPU error. Try unplug power cord connected to PSU and remove GPU from system for a while. insert back yout GPu to system and plug the power cord back into PSU. Boot and see if the problems go away.

Problem doesn't go away. I've since updated from an MSI 2070 Super Gaming X to a Gigabyte 4080 Gaming OC. It happens intermittently from a cold boot. Everything is updated, including the bios. There is no problem, except for the annoying light. A restart fixes the light, until it happens again on another cold boot.

NickA
Level 8
Have you tried forcing pcie to gen4/16x in the bios? Maybe old bios, new card thing?

jamieboo
Level 9
Do you mean the white VGA led on the motherboard?
If so, this sounds like the thing where for some reason it stays on IF you turn your PC on before your monitor.
If you turn your monitor on first, then the led goes out as it should.
I have the Z690 TUF Gaming Plus D4 and I was concerned about this for a while, but apparently it's just a minor, inconsequential bug. It does not reflect a true problem with your display/motherboard/GPU.
I just remember to always turn my monitor on first.

ackdaddy
Level 8
pinkfloyd1173 wrote:

Running BIOS 0901.

Thanks in advance.

P.S

Still doing it? I got a z790 variant of this board and same thing.. but gpu works fine..

as jamieboo said it is a "bug" that only happens when you turn on your PC before your monitor. Its really annoying, you just have to make a habit of turning on your monitor/screen before the CPU then white led wont stay on. Cant believe a kinda known issue and minor thing can't be properly fixed. 

tldr: this issue doesnt mean your GPU is bad, just turn on CPU after turning on monitor.