cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO network issues

sworcester
Level 8

I know there is a known issue with the wired ethernet  (i226V) and I have disabled EEE in the driver, that seemed to work for a bit, but now I am having issues with both the wired and wireless. It seems to be only this system, which tends to eliminate the router and WAN connection. Windows 10, it is using 1.1.4.38 driver.
I have noticed the system comes up, shows it has internet, shows DHCP/DNS addresses etc., but if I try to get to a web page, it eventually times out with a DNS error.
If this happens and I try to shutdown, the system will not fully shutdown, I have to hold the power button down. If the system comes up and the ethernet works, it will shut down normal.
I am open to suggestions.

I think I am 1 rev back on the BIOS, so I will check that out to see if it improves reliability

3 REPLIES 3

Rubberduck123
Level 8

Little bit of a derail but I have a z790 strix e and I have never experienced this Ethernet issue. What's your internet speed? Mine is just over 70.I am moving to 1gbps up and down next month and wondering if I'm going to start getting the tripping.  Day 1 driver too have not updated Ethernet because it has been stable

The upload/download speeds aren't related to the issue as far as I know but the router link speed might be. If it is 1 GB vs 2.5GB which the port is speced to. 
I RMA'ed that board and got a new one and it seems to work flawlessly by comparison. 

Interesting I think I do have a 2.5 port on my router but given I will only have 1gbps. I'll see how I go on that seems fine so far. My first board would not post display or anything, this is my 2nd board