cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO and 5.1, low audio issue with Edifier S550 encore

Gabrihel
Level 8

I noticed that all audio apart from frontal left and right is very low. I am speaking about central, subwoofer and rear left and right audio. To compensate i am increasing of + 10 decibel the settings on realtek audio control. Any ideas? 

22 REPLIES 22

I just installed Dying Light 2 again and the cut scenes seem to be fine on my 5.1 system.  You can't really look around so the sound is fixed.  I will check other types of sounds when I get past the beginning and into the church.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

OK, research done.  If you are engaged with a conversation, the video and audio stay centered.  If you are passing someone and they speak, the voice comes from their location.  Basically, if the camera is locked on the one person, it comes through the center speaker.

Your system is not new, right?  Have you given any consideration to some type of problem with the speakers?  I would think if they played music normally, that this would not be involved.  But it still may have something to do with the audio reproduction.

My 5.1 system is just speakers.  Not much, if any, logic involved with the sound reproduction.   Do you have the ability to swap speakers, temporarily?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

When i test speakers level, audio is consistent on all spekaers, in some games however (like Diablo 4, Everspace 2 and the Witcher 3. but not DL2) central audio is very low. All speakers are fully operational during tests.

Anyway Saltgrass, i want to really thank you for your support. I suppose until someone else get the same problem this will remain a isolate problem. But i am sure there is something working wrong in audio drivers.