cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO and 5.1, low audio issue with Edifier S550 encore

Gabrihel
Level 8

I noticed that all audio apart from frontal left and right is very low. I am speaking about central, subwoofer and rear left and right audio. To compensate i am increasing of + 10 decibel the settings on realtek audio control. Any ideas? 

22 REPLIES 22

I am using analog inputs. If i click on "Sound Effects: disable all sound effects" in Realtek Audio Control, I just hear the sound from every speaker but front left/right very weak, as there was no DB adjustment. All it does is just disabling my hand made setting to have a coherent audio from every speaker.

I wish I could find an owner's manual I could check, but if there is no passthrough or bypass type settings, I suppose I won't be able to help.

I have an older set of just 5.1 speakers, and they tested fine with the Realtek console.  So, I seem to believe something is interfering with the playback.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13

I was hoping to get some feedback from my last suggestion, any progress?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Gabrihel
Level 8

I can confirm after a lot of testing that in many games (some of wich are: Everspace 2, The Witcher 3, Squad) audio from the central speaker is really low even with the realtek audio console adjustement in place. 

After testing in another thread, I realized the Windows Setting of allowing Device Default effects needs to be enable.

On the Sonic Studio, the effects should be turned on for both the Basic and Advanced settings.

Using a normal 5.1 speaker system. I can adjust the volume of any speakers and use the Upmix option to supply sound to the back speakers.

The front left and right have not given me any problems but the rear have.  Any chance you have them reversed?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Gabrihel
Level 8

I am playing Diablo 4 right now and my frustration is off the charts. All dialogue audio come from central speaker and it's a WHISPER. 

When i ajdust speakers level from windows or realtek audio console i have equal results, but in game central speaker is just a whisper!

If the game is using a version of Surround audio, the voices should come from the left or right speakers or both.  If a character is to your left, you should hear it from that direction.  Since I don't play the game, I may be misunderstanding what you mean.

Wired Headphones may give you a different experience.  Possibly use DTS or Dolby for spatial audio.

I was wondering if you are using some type of voice over IP to talk to other characters?

I will be delaying any responses so as to let other folks get involved, but I am following the thread.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I am talking about game audio. Yes, i could try using headphones, but i have a wonderful 5.1 audio setup, i would like to use that. The game (as many do) explicity support 5.1 audio. All dialogues with game characthers are considered to be in front of you so they use central speaker. This is true for many games. 

I wasn't implying you should use it all the time, just for comparing how sounds originate.  Are all the voices from in front or some on the side?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

During dialogues, from in front. I am testing also Dying light 2 and sound is more consistent on all speakers. Much less weak central audio problem.