Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO New Bios 1601

VSSV
Level 7
Version 1601
2022/07/08 10.95 MBytes

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO BIOS 1601
"1.Update Microcode for next generation Intel Processors.

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (MZ690H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Not to much to get excited about though.

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
13 REPLIES 13

Dushu wrote:
Someone is having problems with Corsair RGB DDR5 in this firmware?
It's seems not to be working the RGB assignations with iCue open, hardware lighting seems to be ok.

I run Dominator Platinum 6200 and it appears that SPD Write Protection [FALSE] UEFI BIOS option doesn't get read correctly on a cold boot. I'm stuck on hardware lighting (ICUE doesn't detect the RAM) until I perform a warm boot.

Megalamaniac
Level 9
I updated to 1601 from 1403 and started getting BSOD's from Win 10. The system would boot, but once Win 10 finished loading, I'd get a BSOD within minutes, if not right away. I rolled it back to 1403, but I'm still getting the BSOD's, just not as many. Feel like I need to Reset Win 10.

Has anyone else had any issues with this 1601? Maybe it's time to move to Win 11?

Megalamaniac wrote:
I updated to 1601 from 1403 and started getting BSOD's from Win 10. The system would boot, but once Win 10 finished loading, I'd get a BSOD within minutes, if not right away. I rolled it back to 1403, but I'm still getting the BSOD's, just not as many. Feel like I need to Reset Win 10.

Has anyone else had any issues with this 1601? Maybe it's time to move to Win 11?

Reset bios before any fast moves. Update chipset drivers too as well as others.

Makuzx99 wrote:
Reset bios before any fast moves. Update chipset drivers too as well as others.

Pretty much the first thing I tried after rolling back to 1403.

Most of the BSOD's are System Service Failure, but sometimes it's an IRQ or Kernal error.

I had to RMA my first HERO because it started toasting the the RAM Stick in the second slot. I did an advance replacement so they would hopefully send me another new board, which they did.