Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO Bios NEW 1505 2022/06/02

VSSV
Level 7
Version 1505
2022/06/02

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO BIOS 1505
1. Improve DRAM stability

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (MZ690H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
50 REPLIES 50

Pheden
Level 7
Hello,

On my Maximus z690 extreme, since bios 1403, there is a problem with pcie lanes for the gpu. *It's linked 8x instead 16x. *I don't have a ssd in the first slot, only on Dimm.
With bios 1304, gpu linked at 16x, with 1403 et 1505, gpu linked at 8x.

Do you have the same thing?

Thank you*

Spicedaddy
Level 9
I have a 12900k/Z690 Hero/G.Skill 2x16GB DDR5-5600CL36 (samsung) system that was 100% stable with BIOS 1304. (everything stock with XMP2 setting)

I skipped 1403 and upgraded to 1505 this week. So far I've had a crash to desktop in Flight Simulator and another app I use crashed yesterday. I just tried TestMem5 and got an error quickly.

Doing some more testing now, thinking of going back to 1304.

Stock settings, ram on the QVL list, 7 months after release... Come on man!

Z690-F user here, I updated from 1403 > 1505. I had temp increase since the update but later realized that my RYUJIN II's AIO fan controller seems to have lost control over fan speeds.

Keep in mind that RYUJIN 2 has a fan hub that can control about 4 fans, I've utilized 3 of them and ever since then I can control them via the RYUJIN AIO fan controller -this BIOS update is the reason why I can't control them and going to BIOS won't fix it (or I may be doing something wrong). Any help is appreciated.

ReySalcedo wrote:
Z690-F user here, I updated from 1403 > 1505. I had temp increase since the update but later realized that my RYUJIN II's AIO fan controller seems to have lost control over fan speeds.

Keep in mind that RYUJIN 2 has a fan hub that can control about 4 fans, I've utilized 3 of them and ever since then I can control them via the RYUJIN AIO fan controller -this BIOS update is the reason why I can't control them and going to BIOS won't fix it (or I may be doing something wrong). Any help is appreciated.

Where you are connected the asus hub?
On 2.0 intake usb header?

Babtista wrote:
Where you are connected the asus hub?
On 2.0 intake usb header?

On a 2.0 header, yes.

ReySalcedo wrote:
On a 2.0 header, yes.

I have the same issue with lian li controller for SL 120 fans
My USB 2.0 intake header not recognize the controller at device manager.

Babtista wrote:
I have the same issue with lian li controller for SL 120 fans
My USB 2.0 intake header not recognize the controller at device manager.

Both Lian Li and Ryujin II is recognized in mine, I set the RGB headers of the Lian Li to its own HUB while the 3-pin fans are directed at the Fan HUB of the Ryujin II. Everything was working until I updated to 1505, going back to the older BIOS didn't help.

ReySalcedo wrote:
Both Lian Li and Ryujin II is recognized in mine, I set the RGB headers of the Lian Li to its own HUB while the 3-pin fans are directed at the Fan HUB of the Ryujin II. Everything was working until I updated to 1505, going back to the older BIOS didn't help.

The controller of lian li is connected on your intake 2.0 usb header?
When you trying to connect the controller you can see the pop up on the device manager?
I cant see any pop up from mine..im using also 1505 bios.
Right now the lian li fans turn on default rpm and with rainbow light 😞
I don't know what to do to fix it..I tried everything

Z690-F with G.Skill 5600Mhz XMP II (I also bad)& 12700k
after i updated to 1505 my pc is very unstable.
Bluescreen Memory Management
Bluescreen WHEA uncorrectable error
before this update, my machine works without any problems.

all settings are @stock
does anybody have also this issues?

thanks

Mainko wrote:
Z690-F with G.Skill 5600Mhz XMP II (I also bad)& 12700k
after i updated to 1505 my pc is very unstable.
Bluescreen Memory Management
Bluescreen WHEA uncorrectable error
before this update, my machine works without any problems.

all settings are @stock
does anybody have also this issues?

thanks

Yes, I had some apps crashing to desktop with 1505. Went back to 1304 since it was perfect for 3 months before.

I also have G.Skill 5600MHz ram, using XMP II.