cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog maximus z690 hero bios 2103

siposnorbert71
Level 10
ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO BIOS 2103

I would like to know if anyone on the forum has already tried the new bios 2103. because I honestly don't dare to upload it so I can't go back to an earlier bios version again. if someone has already tested it, please share your experience
31 REPLIES 31

siposnorbert71
Level 10
Well, I installed the 2103 bios, everything is fine with it, wrm 39 degrees Celsius - pch 59 degrees Celsius, before that it was 65-67 degrees Celsius, and later I will check which bios will allow me to return to it, but I think it will only allow me to return to 2004

siposnorbert71
Level 10
it is not possible to go back to the pre-2004 bios status either. however, it works absolutely perfectly, memories run smoothly at 6000mhz

Does anyone who was having issues with the Corsair 5200Mhz ram in 2004 know if this bios has fixed it in XMP?

ls612 wrote:
Does anyone who was having issues with the Corsair 5200Mhz ram in 2004 know if this bios has fixed it in XMP?

look what you get if you try it? what doesn't work yet won't get any worse!

siposnorbert71 wrote:
look what you get if you try it? what doesn't work yet won't get any worse!

Well, I tried it and overnight it passed testmem5 anta777 for 3 cycles so I guess it works? Let's hope that remains the case.

siposnorbert71
Level 10
Kingston FURY Renegade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz KF560C32RSAK2-32

xmp it runs perfectly without any errors

Spicedaddy
Level 9
Hopefully this bios works well, I have to upgrade for 13900K.

rsnelson
Level 9
Updated Hero Z690 today from 2004 to 2103. No issues with the new BIOS... system seems stable so far.

I did run into an issue with Crate. I'm new to ASUS BIOS and hardware so possibly there is a way around it. When I updated my BIOS, I re-profiled my fans. This profiling was done in the BIOS. I also made a couple other changes in the BIOS settings as the upgraded reset everything. I use Fan Xpert in Create for fan control in Windows. I wanted to use my existing fan profiles. Crate's Fan Xpert asked me to re-profile the fans. So I did as it asked. I then attempted to load my existing profiles. The fan curves did not change. No warning or error messages were indicated. I tried again and nothing changed. For grins, I saved a new profile. Then I changed a fan curve and loaded the saved profile. The fan curve was restored to the saved profile.

I then checked in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\Dip\FanXpert\Profiles and noticed all my profiles were wiped out.

I'm guessing re-profiling the fans wipes existing profiles out.

I renamed the profile I had created for testing purposes. I changed a fan curve and attempted to load the profile. The curve did not change. Additionally, no warnings were issued about the missing file.

Ideally, the fan curves would not be removed when profiling the fans. But if they have to be removed, it would be nice if Crate would warn that they are going to be deleted. Additionally, Crate should give a warning message about files when they are missing.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I'd recommend simply using QFAN and saving a profile within the UEFI.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090